PDA

View Full Version : hey guys take a it look please

Frenchy
05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
hey fellow FNNERS

My name is Daniel Leboeuf and im 21 years old i have been out of a job for about a year and a half and things are gettin rough right now had to move back in w my parents and im stressing out big time.

I was just wondering if anyone has any leads on a job in your company or any company for that matter.

Im a clean cut 21 year old no tattoos or piercings.

All my jobs have been in the fishing industry.

I worked on the Newport Barge for 2 years

Irvine lake for another 2 years

Melton International For about a year.

And i have done some freelance Deckhanding on some of the boats in Newport

Any leads would be great prefabably in the fishing industry but any would be great

Send pms please

vanillagurilla
05-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Join the club, ive breen out of work for 2 years with no unemployment.

bluehunter
05-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Do you have any higher education as well? One thing that I did during my down time years ago was enroll back in school. Even joined the Army Reserves to get some training in Aviation operations. The fishing industry market may be taking a hit right now but so is everything else. Education, city and county jobs as well. One thing to do during down time is make the best out of it and go to school somewhere just pick a field and make it happen. You are still young. Its easier to do while you are young believe me. Lots of competition out there in a lot of industries.

Hitts0n
05-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Become a low key pimp and ...well..you know..lol..make her sell some...lmao

Frenchy
05-11-2010, 06:19 PM
brian i do but its in fire science and its a profession that isnt hiring rightnow so it suck thinking about bartending school

bowler
05-11-2010, 06:24 PM
i just lost my job last month.

Thisfool
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Bro if you are really despite you should look up a local staffing agency and tell them you will take a job doing anything. They only make money by getting someone a job so they actually try to find people jobs. I currently work through an agency called SKILLMASTERS. I make about 30,000 a year but I am a mechanic but they get people jobs doing all sorts of things. I know how you feel tho I was unemployed 2 years ago for 6 months I had a car get repo’ed and I had to move back home to. I still haven’t recovered all the way yet.

DarkShadow
05-11-2010, 08:56 PM
With the current economic situation, you have to expand your job search areas to include jobs that you may not have thought you'd have to apply for. In other words, you can't be too selective with the job hunt. As others have mentioned, sometimes recreation industries take hits during economic down swings.

Make sure you have a pristine looking resume that not only shows you are adaptable, but will separate you from the pack. Start sending them out, including cover letters. There are various websites online that are great starts for local jobs. Use google to find some of them, as many specialize in areas of employment; Dice.com for example, specialize in "IT" jobs. I'm sure there are others.

Someone mentioned staffing agencies, which are also a great resource.

Good luck! Be persistent and you will be rewarded.

sansou
05-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Here's the alternative to a standard military career when your background check comes out, um, less than stellar? (ie. they take anyone physically capable and willing to go through their rigorous training)

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/?SM=0

I would think you would be one step ahead of the crowd with your screename...:LOL:

Frenchy
05-11-2010, 09:20 PM
thanks gus these are great tips knew people on here would help thank you very much

old pudd fisher
05-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I agree with sansou. Good luck.

WARRIORMIKE
05-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Submit 10 resumes a day. Online or to companies. I guarantee you will be employed within 30 days. Also be careful of marketing jobs too.

olfishergal
05-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Submit 10 resumes a day. Online or to companies. I guarantee you will be employed within 30 days. Also be careful of marketing jobs too.

careful what you quote, because that is not true these days........I have helped my daughter submit over 200 resumes, all professionally done, still no job even in walmart.....students don't find work easily.

olfishergal
05-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Too bad the French Foreign Legion doesn't take girls, I have a couple to send them lol

WARRIORMIKE
05-11-2010, 11:11 PM
careful what you quote, because that is not true these days........I have helped my daughter submit over 200 resumes, all professionally done, still no job even in walmart.....students don't find work easily.
Its all about "keywords" in your resume and what you submit too. True I cant take him by the hand and interview for him. However If he can at least get in the door, he can take advantage of the interview and land a job

Just have to marketable in the job force.

GeordyBass
05-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Here's the alternative to a standard military career when your background check comes out, um, less than stellar? (ie. they take anyone physically capable and willing to go through their rigorous training)

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/?SM=0

I would think you would be one step ahead of the crowd with your screename...:LOL:
Good idea Sumoboyyyyy! If I didn't have such a bad back I may have thought about that as a plan "B" after the us military, which I wont join anyways.... Sux being so young lmao.

sansou
05-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Good idea Sumoboyyyyy! If I didn't have such a bad back I may have thought about that as a plan "B" after the us military, which I wont join anyways.... Sux being so young lmao.

Don't fret my lil "Double Decker"....Uncle Sam has a place for you right here:

http://www.history.army.mil/brochures/wac/wac.htm
:LOL:

Nessie Hunter
05-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Census taker??
http://2010.census.gov/2010censusjobs/

UPS driver??
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/12/job-hunt-ups-drivers-needed/?test=latestnews

Troutman65
05-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Working as a bartender Frenchy. I can see it now , You first day or week you mouth off to the wrong person and you get poped right in your fat mouth . Yes , I can see that happening

Frenchy
05-12-2010, 07:16 PM
and i can see myself having to call ou a cab everynight mr DRUNKMAN65

Troutman65
05-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I would never let you pour me anything . Your just a youngster still wet behind the ears. I am done with you . Your not worth my blood pressure getting high over your stupid remarks . See you sometime pal .

tpfishnfool
05-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Good luck out there man.. Online applications only are good about 15% . No good.. Its all about who you know in the buisness world along with your specific knowlege in your field.
Get a leg up on the compitition so you have an edge.

Sue
05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
It's rough out there Frenchy, and you really should expand your horizons. I'm been out of work since September (no unemployment, either). I usually spend an hour or two a day applying for jobs, and I've been on a few interviews but nothing yet has panned out.

I got about two more months before I'm out of $$ and out of my apartment.

bruce watson
05-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Truck driving school.

old pudd fisher
05-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Army, Air Force, Navy or Marines. Stick with it and you can retire early.