PDA

View Full Version : More BUENA VISTA kittys,,,,,,5/10...

trail blazer
05-10-2010, 07:41 PM
3pm headed out with my 2 kids and my brother for a hr or 2 of R and R.

Got there and it was BEAUTIFUL out there,,,,,,,,,,,,,Was kind of complicated getting my daughters pole out ,6 YEARS OLD,,,While keeping track of my youngest boy,2YRS OLD,,,,and in all the confusion I FORGOT TO SET HER DRAG!!.

My brother donny got his gear casted out and the wait was on,,,,NOT FOR LONG THOUGH!.

10 MIN LATER my daughters pole went MAJOR BENDO,,,and then even MORE MAJOR BENDO ,and then just before either of us could get to it,,,S N A P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL,,,,,,,,O,well,,,,sorry cassie,,MY FAULT,,,10 lb test maxim couldnt stand the strain.

While i was retying her pole up my bro yells HOOKUP,,,,,,,Here,s a pic of him doing battle

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3369.jpg

Heres a pic of the reward

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3370.jpg

Within 2 or 3 minutes of him landing his fish and ALL OF THE SUDDEN the wind started to blow,,MEGA HARD,,,,At least 25 mph steady with MAJOR gusts on top of that.

KIDS started screaming cause of the SANDBLAST effect,,,LOL.

Here,s a pic taken even before my brother got his fish on the stringer,,,Note the water condition now

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3371.jpg

Thats pretty much it,,,,,,,,loaded up and waited in the car for a little bit to see if it would let up a little but it just got worse.

WE WOULD HAVE SLAYD If we wouldnt have got blowd out.

fished for abought 20 min total,,,2 hookups,1 broke off,,1 landed

water is extremly muddy right now due to the riv water flowing through

All fish hooked on BUENA VISTA kitty CANDY<AKA,,%^#%^$#,,,Absolutely the best bait for those B,V kittys
THANKS
TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
HAHAHAAH.... nice outing bako brethren!!!! looks like an aerial photo of Morro Bay with those windcaps.

Nice camera and background ridgeline.

Two things though I would like to point out. Its Maxima, not Maxim. I know what you've been reading lately!

The Bako "dirt battered" catfish? Thats how you make em taste like duct stripers.

Donny has you whupped on them kittys

yolo
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
TB, Nice kitty action. Do you ever target the duct cats? I never hear of any Bako duct catfish. I have a couple of duct kitty tricks. PM me if you're interested? It produces for me 90% of the time.

Native Gal
05-10-2010, 08:08 PM
TB,
Sucks about the darn wind kicking up. Would have been xlnt to get the duct kitty slay on, Congrats anywhoo on the short successful session. Thanks for the post.

NG

trail blazer
05-10-2010, 08:11 PM
TB, Nice kitty action. Do you ever target the duct cats? I never hear of any Bako duct catfish. I have a couple of duct kitty tricks. PM me if you're interested? It produces for me 90% of the time.

Thanks YOLO,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not really on duct kittys,,,,,,,,DUCT STRIPERS all the way for me,,,There are alot of duct cats caught up here though,,,Il take a raincheck on your tip if thats ok,,,never know when il get the urge to get some.

and CUTBAIT,,,,,IIIII Know ,,,,MAXIMA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOOPS,,,,,FRAUDEAN SLIP,,LOL

trail blazer
05-10-2010, 08:36 PM
TB,
Sucks about the darn wind kicking up. Would have been xlnt to get the duct kitty slay on, Congrats anywhoo on the short successful session. Thanks for the post.

NG

THANKS N,G,,,,,,,,,,,No duct fish here though,,,,,,,BUENA VISTA lake,,,,,,,,,,,,Channel cat

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-14-2010, 02:22 PM
mo' mo' mo' keep slayin dem' sucka's sweet !

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-14-2010, 02:51 PM
TB,

NG
Theres racks of duct kitties available for the bait n' wait method fisherman...

Chicken liver
Bloodworms
anchovies n' dines!

In fact I caught a 3lder kitty cat on a lure just 2 nights ago from the duct...( I think I was tired so I needed to rest)

Baiting down in traditional methods will slay them in the right spot and current flow, I don't think there's any real secret to the kitty slay's just cast bait.....N' wait

There are always INCIDENTAL striper catches too which one would hope will happen when kitty fishin the duct, in fact, I'd recomend targeting stripers over dem' cats anyday

and you just have to get out there and do it....

Go get ya' some....

In fact, look for just about any canal that has year round water and you'll most likely find some kitty's there...

cutbait
05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
In fact, look for just about any canal that has year round water and you'll most likely find some kitty's there...

Information that would of came in handy to Breeze71? He likes empty canals!

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-14-2010, 03:27 PM
He likes empty canals!
Dam dude, I know what outing your reffering to and even which actual (water) canal but that statement above just does not sound right !

Hiro...anything we need to know about you before the next outing (insert thread jack here !)