PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris Float Tubing; Any Advise?

pfish13
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Just moved out here from Florida and I am planning on making my first trip out to Lake Perris on Thursday with the float tube. I am not asking for your secret spots or best lures, but any advice to get a couple fish on the line would be a great help. I would like to target Bass first but any other species to keep the skunks away would be a great day for me. Thanks for any advice. Also, any others out there that float tube? I would love to hear more about any lakes in the Temecula area or other times you guys get together for local trips.

Tight Lines Everyone,

-Pfish13

Sublime-Steve
05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey ive been goin to perris alot lately i got a nice trout on a robo worm in power cove ( lot 11 and 12) and theres HUGE bluegill in the area behind the island( beresconi beach) all the bass are really really shallow from what ive seen from walking around the reeds and that was in the backend ( beresconi ) good luck!

pfish13
05-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Cool, thanks for the tips and especially where to head out to first. I hate looking at a new lake and not having a clue where to start.

Flying
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
For your first time I would start out of Power cove also.This is the area I mainly tube. Its easy and clean to launch on the PWC ramp which is closed for them. The water just comes up near the end. I was out last Wed and the surface temp was 68 at 9am. It hit 60 in mid March and pretty much stayed between 60-63 at 9am(my normal start time) so this was a nice jump and it was something I could easily feel as I was getting too warm with sweats and breathables. I'm sure theres some people tubing wet already but I'll wait a few more weeks.

I just flyfish and really don't do very well anymore so I can't really tell you where the fish are right now. But I can tell you many stories of how good I used to do:LOL:. I mainly go to kick now and I'm there all year long so I now the lake itself very well from a tubers point of view.Fell free to ask question about the lake anytime.

Heres my suggestion for the tube.
Those tullies in the far north east will look tempting but its very shallow back there. The boats can do it because they can see in the water. You can't see much from the tube and will find yourself grounding out too much.Water is pretty much murky everywhere.
http://i39.tinypic.com/1rady0.jpg

I'll be out there Friday kicking around if you want to come out then.

As for other place to kick around Temecula? Not much really. DVL and Skinner are no contact lakes. I've lived around Elsinore for 25 years and never tubed it.Theres too much private property around it. You can go south to Miramar Lake. Its a cool little lake but I haven't been there in a long time. I have a state Poppy Pass so its cheap to go to Perris all the time. Silverwood is nice and not too too far.

Hers the Perris park/lake map .http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/651/files/LakePerrisWEBPDF.pdf
That will help you some when someone says "sail cove" or "Bernasconi"

jlpayne72
05-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Last time I was there I used The Halogen Power worm. 3 inch. The bass seem to like anything that looks like a baby bass or small trout. I tube Perris a lot and have come to realize that I'm going to get me a kayak. It's a lot of work especially if theres any kind of wind.

Good luck.