PDA

View Full Version : Good for others, not for me 5/10

fongster
05-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I went bassing from shore and I'm glad the fee was only half price today, lol. I only got one 10 inch dink and had another (a better fish) come loose. I fished Woody's for nada and then took a hike down the west shore. I was surprised to see several people there. That is a long walk with gear. Shore access there is a problem and every opening between the brush was taken, so I didn't get to wet a line. The folks there each had some trout--nice fat ones.

I then hiked back and went across the bridge to Santiago Flats. This is where I got the dink and lost the other. I saw only two anglers there and they had limits of nice fatties and were packing up. Next bassing I do will be in a boat as you need it to access the prime spots or to even get a line wet as there is too much thick brush on shore now.

Fishbones
05-10-2010, 04:30 PM
you beet the skunk, thats all that matters. good job.....i will take a dink over a skunk anyday.

dixoncider
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info on the bass today. went down there and looked around. didnt get any but looks really fishy over there....we were the ones packing up...

fongster
05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the info on the bass today. went down there and looked around. didnt get any but looks really fishy over there....we were the ones packing up...
Hey, small world, lol! Nice talking with you, I hope your son had a nice time. He did a good job getting that trout of his in. Probably will see you guys there again, take care. I got an offer to boat fish it tomorrow but I can't go--too busy :-(

dixoncider
05-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Limits of trout for 2..can't complain...