PDA

View Full Version : Isabella Crappie, Kern River Trout

Fishin Magician
05-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Fished Sunday morning and this morning for the crappie. Found a decent pick both mornings fishing off the rocks in deep water. Managed about 10 fish in the hour I had each day before the wind chased us away at about 10am. If I could have arrived early (6-7) I believe I could have limited out. All fish were caught on a red/white tube with a crappie nibble. No bobber was used as the fish were 12-15 feet deep.
Trout fishing on the Kern river was wide open all weekend. Unfortunately this leads to a lot of violations regarding limits. I witnessed many 10-15 fish stringers, and people taking a limit to their car and returning for for more. I watched one group do this 4-5 times. I called Cal-Tip and reported the violations but no game warden ever showed up.
Reminder: limit on the Kern is 5 fish per day, 10 in possession (over 2 days).
If you are not going to eat them please practice catch and release. We have worked very hard over the last 2 years to have this river stocked again only to see it raped by a few unscrupulous fishermen.

Fishbones
05-10-2010, 12:32 PM
congrats on the crappie catch , kinda sucks to hear about the poachers cleaning up the kern..

Eat Sleep Fish
05-10-2010, 01:02 PM
good to see you did your part by calling caltip. they take a while, real long while, to show up sometimes. effin poachers!!! kill em all!!

nice going on the fish though, you caught some atleast. keep it up!

MAVERICK27
05-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Nice fishing days nonetheless! Thanks for reports on my home!! I was there last weekend, but couldn't fish due to a wedding. I'll be back sooon. Thanks again and keep the reports coming!!!!

Beeracuda211
05-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I hope you don't turn me in John for poaching lol

Fishin Magician
05-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Mike,
In order to be a poacher you have to be able to catch at least 6 fish. That has yet to be seen.
Looking forward to fishing with you memorial weekend.

Beeracuda211
05-12-2010, 05:38 AM
LOL Bud light will be flowin....

Zach1093
05-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Sucks that poaching goes on. Especially in southern California where lakes receive so much fishing pressure already. Happy to hear you had a good day up to that point, congrats.