PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 5/8/2010. EyeAmRealGhetto is really a striper slayer now.

fishinone
05-10-2010, 11:19 AM
We showed up early hoping to launch before the wind closed the lake.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%205-8-2010%20with%20Eric%20and%20Ron/IMG00042-20100508-0548.jpg
We met Cap'n and T/O in line and had a good time talking.

We got to launch into some mild waves. I was surprised that they let us launch. They're usually a little more conservative.

The wind punished us as we were trying to set up in the old familiar spot. We got set up after a few tries and had a nice school on the finder.

I farmed the first few fish.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%205-8-2010%20with%20Eric%20and%20Ron/IMG00044-20100508-0707.jpg
EyeAmRealGhetto put the first fish in the boat. This is his first striper ever.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%205-8-2010%20with%20Eric%20and%20Ron/IMG00045-20100508-0930.jpg
Ron picked up the big fish of the day. 3lb 12oz

I landed a smaller model.

After that the wind died down and it was absolutely beautiful out there. That never seems to work out and true to form the striper disappeared.

We took a ride looking for fish. They were hard to find and when we found them they gave up the spots as we would set up.

Later we went back and set up down the point from the buoy line but the fish weren't showing. When the wind changed direction we reset on the point and the fish started showing up. At about 4:00 the bite picked up and each of us caught another fish.

Ron picked up another nice one.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%205-8-2010%20with%20Eric%20and%20Ron/IMG00047-20100508-1522.jpg
EyeAmRealGhetto got another nice one. This is his second striper ever.

School was in, they showed up in decent numbers and were willing to play.

I picked up another small one then we headed in a t 4:30. Everybody had stuff they had to do. It's hard to leave them biting.

We got 6 fish total, 2 fish each.

It was a good day fishing with friends. Thanks for fishing with me guys.

kpn
05-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Congrats on the slay guys. It was nice of you to put some newbies on fish Ron.
I'll get my share in the next few days :Envious:.

KPN.

Fishbones
05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
congrats ron your skipper skillz helped eric "EARG" land his first striper.. congrats eric.....looks like a good day out....

sure wish i could have made it out, owell next time for sure! good job guys!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
05-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Good going on the catch. Nice to see better size fish. Last couple weeks its been mostly pounders. Are they still hitting the fly line??

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
way ta roll....nice work in those heavy winds.....Slayage !

Congrats !
Gary

fishinone
05-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Congrats on the slay guys. It was nice of you to put some newbies on fish Ron.
I'll get my share in the next few days :Envious:.

KPN.

If you're gonna get your share, you're in trouble. You've had more than your share!:LOL:

congrats ron your skipper skillz helped eric "EARG" land his first striper.. congrats eric.....looks like a good day out....

sure wish i could have made it out, owell next time for sure! good job guys!!!

Thanks fishbones. I knew it was a good idea to let him use sharp hooks this time.:Razz:

Good going on the catch. Nice to see better size fish. Last couple weeks its been mostly pounders. Are they still hitting the fly line??

I don't know what it is with flylining. I try it when I see other people doing well using it but I usually just get my bait stolen.

I was using sliding rigs, setting the depth by the fishfinder.

way ta roll....nice work in those heavy winds.....Slayage !

Congrats !
Gary

Thanks Gary,

I saw Bob turn around to go get you and figured you guys would end up at Pyramid. Later I took a tour of the lake and didn't see you and I was thinking "I should have gone up there too.".

Sorry to hear that he was so rough on you.

E.A.R.G.
05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
sha weeetttt!!!
thanks ron for the invite again!
Cooked up a few stripers and they were good!! alot like tilapia in my opinion, flaky white meat! good stuff!!

oh by the way, i fillet and i find peas and carrots! guess theres been lots of vegetation swimming around castaic lately

fishinone
05-11-2010, 10:24 AM
sha weeetttt!!!
Cooked up a few stripers and they were good!! alot like tilapia in my opinion, flaky white meat! good stuff!!

oh by the way, i fillet and i find peas and carrots! guess theres been lots of vegetation swimming around castaic lately

Fish and vegetables, an excellent meal! Way healthy.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
sha weeetttt!!!

Peas and Carrots ='s Asian chum !

FarmerJohn
05-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Your really keeping the pressure on'um these days Ron. Even with that damn wind. KPN and I were going to give it whirl today but both of us saw it was still going to be pretty windy so we are going to take the Old Rickety Rockit Ship out tomorrow and see if we can take a few down. I'm sure KPN will post on our outcome for the day.
Once again way to keep them on their toes.:LOL::EyePop::Envious:

Zach1093
05-11-2010, 02:41 PM
That looks like an awesome day, hope I do half as well this weekend. Nicely done.

fishinone
05-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Your really keeping the pressure on'um these days Ron. Even with that damn wind. KPN and I were going to give it whirl today but both of us saw it was still going to be pretty windy so we are going to take the Old Rickety Rockit Ship out tomorrow and see if we can take a few down. I'm sure KPN will post on our outcome for the day.
Once again way to keep them on their toes.:LOL::EyePop::Envious:

Good luck guys.

That Old Rickety Rockit Ship may be overpowered.:LOL: Seriously overpowered!

That looks like an awesome day, hope I do half as well this weekend. Nicely done.

Good luck this weekend Zach. I think the bite should be picking up a little from last week, with the dark moon they should bite better in the daytime.