PDA

View Full Version : Crowley advice needed

RUSS13X
05-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I will be heading up to the Sierras this Thursday evening, and plan to be fishing Friday at sunrise. I always go for the opener, but this year our group had to push back our trip a couple of weeks. We always fish Convict on the morning of the opener, however we thought we would try Crowley this year. Does anyone have any advice for shore fishing at Crowley?

SierraPeaks
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I will be heading up to the Sierras this Thursday evening, and plan to be fishing Friday at sunrise. I always go for the opener, but this year our group had to push back our trip a couple of weeks. We always fish Convict on the morning of the opener, however we thought we would try Crowley this year. Does anyone have any advice for shore fishing at Crowley?

Find a spot with a nice drop off to around 25 feet (I would suggest going in the back way from Benton's Crossing out of Bishop, and shore fish near Alligator Point...a little longer drive...but well worth it...and you can camp there too) Inject a crawler with scent oil (Pro-Cure works best) and hang on !

kgselect
05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
If you bait fish, you can't beat an inflated night crawler on a 2ft leader with sliding sinker. Use no more than a 4lb leader. 2lb is better. Floro better yet. Areas to shore fish would be Green Banks, Chalk Bluffs, 6 Bays and Alligator Pt. I'll be there midging in my float tube this weekend. Good luck.