PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid May 7, 2010

fish4anything
05-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Hello, FNNers!

Long story short...I went to Pyramid after a friend couldn't make it to DVL. I was a bit upset but then decided to get some grub before heading up the 5. I had Pho at a Vietnamese restaraunt near my house. It energized me! I finished eating and headed toward Pyramid. I got to the lake around 12PM. I was able to setup my rigs at my trusty spot. Fishing was a bit slow. I did manage to pull a smallie and what I believe was a goby. As soon as I decided to head home at about 5PM, the bluegill and trout wanted to play. I saw a school passing through close to the shore. I baited my light-action Ugly Stik with a mealworm and it was on!! I was bringing in so many gills that I think, I THINK, I must've caught AT LEAST 50 total. The reason I say 50 is because that's how many mealworms I had in my container. I was able to clean out that container of mealworms within 1 hour. I've never done that before!!!! Anyway, here's the pics! Take care!

Eat Sleep Fish
05-09-2010, 08:15 PM
I caught one of those goby/sculpin things at castaic last week. weird looking fish. funny how the mealworms run out so quick when the bite is on. ive ran out of crawlers fishing for trout alot of the times.

Native Gal
05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Congrats on the Smallie and the Gill slay!

NG

KID-FISH
05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
I have yet to catch any decent bluegills there, congrats on getting some bluegill action. Wonder if you can PM me and let me know where you were catching them. If not, it's cool.

Cool report and pics, good fishing to you.

KID-FISH

oscarsx
05-10-2010, 09:26 AM
How do those blue gill taste anyways?

i keep saying to people bluegill taste good, but never really had them myself.

fish4anything
05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I have yet to catch any decent bluegills there, congrats on getting some bluegill action. Wonder if you can PM me and let me know where you were catching them. If not, it's cool.

Cool report and pics, good fishing to you.

KID-FISH

Dude, the spot is no secret at all. Just know that there is a good chance you'll catch 'em at around 4 - 5PM. Anyway, go to the right of the swimbeach area on the rocks. Throw your bait towards that buoy line and work your bait/jig as usual. Let me know how you do!

fish4anything
05-10-2010, 05:35 PM
How do those blue gill taste anyways?

i keep saying to people bluegill taste good, but never really had them myself.

I prefer to pan-fry my gills. My homegirl loves 'em! I think fried gills taste really good with a cold beer!!!

fish4anything
05-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks, NG! It was lots of fun! Probably the best fishing I've done in the past 2 years.

fish4anything
05-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I caught one of those goby/sculpin things at castaic last week. weird looking fish. funny how the mealworms run out so quick when the bite is on. ive ran out of crawlers fishing for trout alot of the times.

True, dat! I think I saw your truck one day @ Castaic. Do you have a sticker on your back window that says, "Eat, Sleep, Fish"?

Hitts0n
05-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah buddy no stripers,but thats a very good slay! See you on the waters soon! I always have mealworms on me too when I go to that lake.I guess I have to find out how you set it up.

KID-FISH
05-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Dude, the spot is no secret at all. Just know that there is a good chance you'll catch 'em at around 4 - 5PM. Anyway, go to the right of the swimbeach area on the rocks. Throw your bait towards that buoy line and work your bait/jig as usual. Let me know how you do!

Cool, thanks for the insight. I usually try for them on the rocks, near the docks with the restrooms. Haven't had much luck though. If I get the chance, I'll check it out and let you know how I do.