PDA

View Full Version : Someone caught a 52 pound catfish today,no it was not me

trollmiester
05-09-2010, 06:13 PM
New lake record a guy in a lund boat. It was a great looking fish kept alive till the dfg officaly wieghed it . It was released unharmed.Sorry did not get his name.

Hitts0n
05-09-2010, 06:16 PM
sup Trolly !!

old pudd fisher
05-09-2010, 07:31 PM
WOW! hope we see a picture of it and more info. Thanks for the breaking news trollmiester.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-09-2010, 08:08 PM
now thats a good fight. good to hear it got released.

Hometown
05-09-2010, 08:21 PM
wow that lake is going to produce alot of records in the coming years

Eat Sleep Fish
05-09-2010, 08:32 PM
wow that lake is going to produce alot of records in the coming years

theres gotta be some upper 40 to 50+ pound stripers in there.

cutbait
05-09-2010, 08:45 PM
How did you guys do?

HuskerRod
05-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Trolly you were at DVL today?

I just happened to be at the lake getting my new boat inspected when the guys came in with the beast about 10:00 a.m. The catfish was a 52 pound Blue catfish. It bottomed out the marina scale that only weighs to 50-pounds and they kept the fish in a oxegenated holding tank until a bigger scale was secured. They kept good care of the big guy and it was almost comical seeing two of the staffers caring the beast with one guy on the head region and the other guy securing the back end. Those are some good guys down there at the docks and they took good care of the beast. I guess the fish was caught on a crankbait accidentally by bass fisherman. The fish was relaesed unharmed to be caught by me when it reaches 60 pounds..hehehehehehehehehe

Fishbones
05-09-2010, 08:57 PM
awesome story....now every catfisherman will be there....

kotton909
05-10-2010, 01:06 AM
cant wait to get out there this year for the kittys

TroutOnly
05-10-2010, 10:03 AM
NOT UNTIL YOU CLEAN A BIG KITTIE AND YOU FIND TROUT AND BLUEGILLS INSIDE THERE STOMACH ,THEN YOU GET HOW MUCH OF A PREDATOR THEY REALLY ARE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TROLLY I WANTED IT TO BE YOU OR GARY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm sure some pictures will be revealed sooner than later, Trolly DID ask me to take a photo of it in the tank but I knew that wouldn't do it proper justice plus it wasn't my fish so I didn't feel right taking pictures of another anglers catch....it's not the same : )

I will have to catch it AFTER HuskerROD catches it at the 60 lb mark.........for me....62 lbs????

IT WAS A PIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fish of a lifetime for sure....

Clearly CRUSHED the old lake record w/o a doubt !

kwin
05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
"theres gotta be some upper 40 to 50+ pound stripers in there.".... not yet, too early give it another couple of years.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
"theres gotta be some upper 40 to 50+ pound stripers in there.".... not yet, too early give it another couple of years.

yeah maybe in a few years, i still think there might one or two of that size in there. im just saying dont be surprised if someone were to catch one one of these days.

HuskerRod
05-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm sure some pictures will be revealed sooner than later, Trolly DID ask me to take a photo of it in the tank but I knew that wouldn't do it proper justice plus it wasn't my fish so I didn't feel right taking pictures of another anglers catch....it's not the same : )

I will have to catch it AFTER HuskerROD catches it at the 60 lb mark.........for me....62 lbs????

IT WAS A PIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fish of a lifetime for sure....

Clearly CRUSHED the old lake record w/o a doubt !

No so fast, Garyfeelthestealinmypants. After I catch it at 60-pounds I plan on parading it around everywhere and showing it off getting as much recognition as I can possibly muster up. Then I plan on cleaning it up good, frying it up in a tin pan, sprinkling on some basil, butter, and some of my secret sauces. I then plan on throwing the fish out and eating the tin pan...heehehehehehehehehe...haahahhaahhahahahahaha ...heheehhehehehehehehe.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-10-2010, 03:42 PM
No so fast, Garyfeelthestealinmypants. After I catch it at 60-pounds I plan on parading it around everywhere and showing it off getting as much recognition as I can possibly muster up. Then I plan on cleaning it up good, frying it up in a tin pan, sprinkling on some basil, butter, and some of my secret sauces. I then plan on throwing the fish out and eating the tin pan...heehehehehehehehehe...haahahhaahhahahahahaha ...heheehhehehehehehehe.
Darnit I thought I was gonna at least get a catfish fry outa’ it after you catch it..

Maybe I’ll catch the carcass afterwards !

My PB kitty is a mere 17 ½ lbs so I figure that carcass on a fish that size should surpass that …I should get at least 20 lbs auto that sucka’ then I can stew the head !

WAIT A MINUTE !:

You talked about parading that thang’ around didn’t you !

Are you SURE your not gonna dress up in your Sundays best, put a little lipstick on it and light some candles….burn the essential oils THEN parade it around ?

Get some kittywood….. DVL style ?

Don’t worry yo’self none good buddy…your secret is safe with ME but it the other 5,000 viewers you should be concerened with : )

Ha ha ha ha ha…..

Fisherman57
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Bob Baker was the angler who caught the new record Catfish at DVL the other day......
52lbs+ on a Yo-Zuri plug! Congratulations Bob!

Exact weight was 52.81 and the fish WAS released. Nice!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/dvlcat02.jpg

Frenchy
05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Piggggggggggggggggggggggg

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
trust me, those pics don't even do that fish justice, I saw that sucka 1st hand and it was the most impressive kitty I've ever seen !

I hope they took some better photos of that leviathan.

But thanks for posting those up though Dana, I'm sure it helps everyone to see that sucka....man I had kitty wood when I saw it there in the tank ! : )

Thanks,
Gary

old pudd fisher
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the pic. Fisherman57.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-11-2010, 08:38 PM
freagin toad man.

oscarsx
05-11-2010, 10:56 PM
damn that cat was huge!!!!!

/jealous

Zach1093
05-11-2010, 11:04 PM
That sure would be fun, glad to hear it got released. Cats are tough fish, all that moving around/time out of the water probably didn't effect it one bit.

marzocchi
05-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I would scream like a little girl if I caught that thing.

catfishruss
05-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Bob Baker was the angler who caught the new record Catfish at DVL the other day......
52lbs+ on a Yo-Zuri plug! Congratulations Bob!

Exact weight was 52.81 and the fish WAS released. Nice!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/dvlcat02.jpg

Wow Congrats Bob Baker that thing is a BEAST!... I hope to land a beast like that out of Diamond Valley. I have a theory as to why they are biting right now and plan to test it out very soon ha.

HuskerRod
05-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Wow Congrats Bob Baker that thing is a BEAST!... I hope to land a beast like that out of Diamond Valley. I have a theory as to why they are biting right now and plan to test it out very soon ha.

Bob "he is no faker" Baker must be pretty good to land that sucker. Hey Russ what's your theory? Inquiring minds want to know.

catfishruss
05-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Bob "he is no faker" Baker must be pretty good to land that sucker. Hey Russ what's your theory? Inquiring minds want to know.

Well each trip i seem to learn a little more about the lake. For instance I was unaware there was a huge flat behind the island that HAS to hold a ton of fish for all species. As for the big cat theory... has to do with grass thats all i'm going to say for now ha.