PDA

View Full Version : Casitas 5-8-10 and 5-9-10

McFingers
05-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry, no pictures to post because I got skunked AGAIN. 2 times. At least I got some bites today.

F**K this lake. Betweeen the wind, the bass spoiled on shad, the size of it, and the ticks, I have had it with this lake. What pisses me off the most, is when other people catch NICE fish, EXACTLY where I was fishing a couple mins earlier, with the SAME BAIT.

It seems that if I want to catch anything at Casitas anytime soon, I either need to A. Get some shad; or B. get scuba gear and a spear gun and hunt the bass down. Oops, cant swim in Casitas.

Better get some shad.

Peace

CL SmooV
05-09-2010, 02:59 PM
BU!

Dang, you should of headed to the goon with me yesterday. The a.m. bite was positive.

Dont let the lake punk you, you gotta punk it back!

Lets team up again and hit up Casitas soon. Let me know when.

Smoov

Koontaj
05-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I have caught striper their before, but lately I have skunked about 3 times in a rows. I was using bloodworms, sardines and natha! I was pissed as well, but like the homie said dont let the lake punk you. Im going next week, if its not to windy. I actually just bought 600ft of rope and my neighbor has a fish finder and an extra anchor. I just need to beg him for it....na! he's a cool neighbor. I'm willing to go halfer or 3rs, hook up and go after those f'rs strippers.

exfactor
05-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Did you go up to that person, and ask him why he's catching? If your still to proud to ask why, then you won't grow in the sport. Lite line has alot to do with that lake bro. Always keep an open mind to better ways to do things.

JohnMarino
05-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Wow, Casitas has been on a wide open worm bite. I'll post a report soon... Ill send you a PM.

McFingers
05-10-2010, 01:12 PM
BU!

Dang, you should of headed to the goon with me yesterday. The a.m. bite was positive.

Dont let the lake punk you, you gotta punk it back!

Lets team up again and hit up Casitas soon. Let me know when.

Smoov

Will do, but it wont be until the first or second weekend in June. I work next 2 weekends and then go on vacation.

I have caught striper their before, but lately I have skunked about 3 times in a rows. I was using bloodworms, sardines and natha! I was pissed as well, but like the homie said dont let the lake punk you. Im going next week, if its not to windy. I actually just bought 600ft of rope and my neighbor has a fish finder and an extra anchor. I just need to beg him for it....na! he's a cool neighbor. I'm willing to go halfer or 3rs, hook up and go after those f'rs strippers.

Are you talking about CASTAIC or CASITAS?

Did you go up to that person, and ask him why he's catching? If your still to proud to ask why, then you won't grow in the sport. Lite line has alot to do with that lake bro. Always keep an open mind to better ways to do things.

I was talking to him before, during, and after he caught the fish. Same thing I was doing. Slow rolling a green-ish worm, texas rigged, on the outside of a cove in the cover (underwater brush). Just right place and right time for him....I guess.

Also using invisx 6lb test, as was he. Not sure he was using invisx, but I know it was 6lb test; he said it.

Wow, Casitas has been on a wide open worm bite. I'll post a report soon... Ill send you a PM.

Yeah, around the Marina all they want is shad. I may pick up a dip net and bait bucket. Total like $40 from basspro.com.

JohnMarino
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Dropshot & Splitshot 4 inch robo's in 15 ft, and you'll kill em. I forgot to tell you 4LB fluorocarbon In clear water ! You can get away with 5 or 6 late in the day when its a little choppy. I even got bit on 8lb with a darter head when it was windy. When its calm, stay far away and fish 4lb.