PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 05/08 - windy

KID-FISH
05-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Went to Castaic with some friends from work and some family to see if we can land some stripers at the bouy line. I had been talking to my friends about all the reports coming in from Castaic and we decided to give it a shot. As soon as we get there, I see the wind blowing and I knew they would not be renting boats. With only a couple of hours to fish, we decided to fish next to the docks. Wind was tough, but I managed to land two schoolies , no pics sorry - but y'all know what schoolies look like. Caught them using sardines and everyone got bites, but I was the only one who landed that day. Should have checked the wind factor, still caught though and we will be going back for blood.

Good fishing!

KID

Eat Sleep Fish
05-09-2010, 10:22 AM
sucks to hear you couldnt get out on the water. but hey, you beat the skunk. nice going. keep it up!

Fishbones
05-09-2010, 11:04 AM
good job not giving up, you beat the skunk with some shoreline linesides....nice!

fishing
05-10-2010, 12:25 AM
good job toughing out the wind. what time of day did they bite? i need to get out to Castaic again real soon.

KID-FISH
05-10-2010, 08:28 AM
good job toughing out the wind. what time of day did they bite? i need to get out to Castaic again real soon.

Fishing - thanks, we got started fishing around 7 am and they started biting just as the sun started coming over the hills, probably between 7:40 and 8:00 am. Set up my rig with the weight on the bottom and hook was about 1.5 feet off the bottom. Go get em'!

Thanks everyone. It was tough, but putting together the tips and good information from this site from everyone's posts helped me to beat the skunk.

fishinone
05-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Sorry to hear you didn't get to launch.

Nice job beating the skunk.

fishing
05-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the information. Sounds like it is getting warm enough for them to start coming back closer to shore.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the information. Sounds like it is getting warm enough for them to start coming back closer to shore.

maybe. just maybe. they've been coming up shallow as of late.

fishing
05-14-2010, 07:16 PM
maybe. just maybe. they've been coming up shallow as of late.

I can't wait for summer!