PDA

View Full Version : Nephews first fish!!!

bsbl5678
05-08-2010, 11:28 PM
last week, My brother and I decided to take his 4 year old son to Santa Ana river lakes in search of his first fish after seeing their recent stocking video. WE got there around 5 15 pm and pulled right down by the boat dock, so he could sit in the car when it got cold.

After setting up shop and casting my 2 pole's out with red and green pb, i helped my nephew set up his pole i recently bought him from bass pro. I had about a 15 inch leader and i asked what color he wanted on his pole.

GREEN!! he says. so i put green pb and cast it out for him. I set him up and told hiim to sit by his pole and wait. This did not go so well. he was runnin alll around chasing the ducks lol. but eventually he settled down.

Its now about 7 pm and we have had no bites. then my nephews pole gets a huge bite. i set the hook and handed him the pole. this fish wasnt moving. i was behind him holding the pole straight up while he reeled. after about a 5 minute battle, my brother netted the fish!! A 5 1/2 Catfish. We were all so excited because it was his first fish, and it was a big fish.

We got a few more bites, but no more fish. we had a great trip though!

i was out fished by a 4 year old!!

Fisherman57
05-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Congratulations Bsbl5678

You are this weeks winner!
TEAM 57 / SANTA ANA RIVER LAKES / CORONA LAKE REWARD!

You have won a FREE ADMISSION PASS & BOAT RENTAL!

(PM me your full name & mailing address and I will get the passes to you!)

Dana
Fisherman57

REMEMBER EVERYONE...........

TEAM 57 is proud to announce that we will once again be rewarding members who take the time to post up their reports from Corona Lake & Santa Ana River Lakes!

Every week, I'll be giving away a FREE admission pass & or boat rental to the TEAM 57 / FNN member that posts the best TEAM 57 report of the week!

Winners will be announced every Tuesday!

EVERY WEEK you'll have a chance to win a FREE pass & or FREE boat rental to either
Corona Lake or Santa Ana River Lakes!
www.fishinglakes.com (http://www.fishinglakes.com)

(NOTE: LIMIT ONE WIN PER MEMBER EVERY 30 DAYS)

Here's some tips that will help you win:

1) Take the time to write a detailed, interesting report!
2) Include lots of clear, interesting & fun photos in your report!
3) Wear your TEAM 57 t-shirt and make sure our logo shows up in the pic!

Tell us about your day! Show us what you caught, tell us how you caught it, what kind of bait or lure were you using? What kind of rod & reel were you using? What were the conditions? Was it cold? Did you bring friends? How'd they do? Did something crazy happen? Make it interesting!

Again..... this is just ANOTHER example of why it pays to be a TEAM 57 & Fishing Network member!

Thanks everyone for your continued support of Fishing Network & Team 57

IT PAYS TO BE A TEAM 57 MEMBER!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/banner012z.gif

fisherman from long beach
05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
congrats on gettin the nephew on his first fish.also on the free pass.pics like that and first fish for the kids is priceless.

Zach1093
05-11-2010, 02:49 PM
What a way to start off your fishing career! Congrats to the little dude and good to see people lettin the kids catch the fish.