PDA

View Full Version : Sat. Big bear lk. Trout

diamondbear
05-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Went to Big Bear lk. for the first time this year and its WIDE OPEN TROLLING for just about everybody I saw and myself . No pics as my fish were all small but saw alot of top water trollers doing good with anything silver , but a freind that fishes DVL alot I ran into him and his son and dad had 15 fish in about 2 hours of trolling at 3 colors lead , they were using some gold colors as well . I ran into another well known DVL guide up here and we talked and he was fishing deeper for some bigger fish . A good area now is right in front of the Observatory about 200yrds. out and start your troll up wind about 500 yrds. WEST of the Obsv. and troll past going east about 500yrds. My freinds were doing good in deeper water last weekend and today in front of the WEST launch ramp area [ near the bouys ] for bigger fish . Water temp. is 55 deg. and air temp. on the lk. at 60 deg. with a west wind at about 5 mph . I was fishing at 3 and 5 ft. depth today , with a silver dodger and worm and a silver phoebe . My freind was using a silver needlefish with the bright PRISM tape on one side . [ NO WATER SKIERS YET ] good luck // db

Simplyeman
05-08-2010, 10:44 PM
nice report, very informative and glad you had fun.

TrouTracker
05-09-2010, 12:50 AM
To Steve- Good job up at Big Bear. I'm glad you were on to the trout on the troll. It's a difficult lake up there when it gets a little windy from the west. I hear their doing some things up there to get the trout population going/growing again. Shoot me over a PM when you're headed to the Jewel. I know it's been really, really difficult this year out there for us trollers.
Barry A. Ogawa

diamondbear
05-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey Barry , A freind of mine went to B.B. LK. again today and did good again but the wind was blowing hard . I went to the gun range to shoot a new gun , ha . Last weekend I trolled DVL for some small stripers and got catfish the next day . BIG BEAR IS THE PLACE TO VISIT NOW . // db