PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pyramid help?

dixoncider
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey, Thinking about giving lake pyramid a try this week. Any info would be great, I have never been there. I would like to catch a striped bass. Never even seen one caught before. I am going to fish from a boat. Whats the Quagga muscle deal there? THanks

madwire3
05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
im in the same position, havent caught a striper in like 7-8 years, planning on a trip to pyramid soon only prob is we will be goin in my brothers boat,, a 14 foot valco, has no trolling motor or fish finder so we will be fishing blind and dumb, i see no replys for u yet on this but unlike other sites i have found the fellow users here arent so stubburn and selfish with tips and advice, other forums i happen to use theres far too many people wanting tons of tips and advice but unwilling to give any in return, pretty sad. i understand the whole "keep your secret spots" and all but most places that are larger like pyramid have to have a few average areas for us newbies to try out, smaller pay lakes or ponds are so small usually there are no secret spots, the spot u fish is where many many others fish as well so why worry ya know? anyways sorry was bored and theres my rant, if i go before u do ill share what i learned about the lake if i get any luck that is

dixoncider
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Not looking for spots. Just general info....No big deal I will figure it out..Lakes are easy compared to the ocean..Prob just meter around and throw some jigs when I find them....Not much info on there web site about the muscles hope there is not impound there....

madwire3
05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
check the reports, i did a search on pyramid and got lots of info from different reports, dunnop about muscles ill find out

dixoncider
05-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks, I will give them a call in the morning..Don't think the have and impound, maybe inspection.

pho boy
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
before you go to mid or castiac check weather get bad out there sometimes

madwire3
05-09-2010, 10:18 PM
dixoncider: i couldnt find anything please let me know what u find out just in case i dont find it , thanks

dixoncider
05-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Will post a follow up.. Looks like wind the next few days....No Quagga muscle restrictions. open at 0700 until 21st then 0600. Anchovies and worm sold at front gate..will have snack shack in the summer..

madwire3
05-10-2010, 10:37 PM
cool stuff. yeah its windyyyyy down here in bakersfield, badddd, i can imagine how it is up there right now, looks like ill be doing some valley fishing this week, hit hart park today again, a ton of smaller bluegill a few bigger and 1 big green sunfish or pumpkin seed not sure, but it was pretty, and netted a 2.5 inch channel cat while scoopin crawdads, was a neat lil suprise

Eat Sleep Fish
05-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Wind sucks.

dixoncider
05-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Agreed.."WIND SUCKS"

fishincrave
05-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Winds can kiss my ............ never mind:Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil:

tpfishnfool
05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Went Thursday last week and it was blowing 30. Only fishable areas were yellow bar and serrano. Coming and going through the channel suckes in this wind.

madwire3
05-11-2010, 01:30 PM
heard theres decent catfish in there too is this true? and what area would be more promising ill probably only be going once or twice this year so id like to spend my time on the water most wisely :P

Beeracuda211
05-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Let me give you guys a little insight. I know pyramid very well and it does get windy out there... Make sure you are in the right boat lol. Ive been out there on days with 50mphs and it can look like the ocean... PM Me if you want the spots.... The quagga deal is not as bad as other lakes, they do not enforce it as bad as others... you shouldn't have a problem if your boat is dry... hope this helps

tpfishnfool
05-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Let me give you guys a little insight. I know pyramid very well and it does get windy out there... Make sure you are in the right boat lol. Ive been out there on days with 50mphs and it can look like the ocean... PM Me if you want the spots.... The quagga deal is not as bad as other lakes, they do not enforce it as bad as others... you shouldn't have a problem if your boat is dry... hope this helps

Mike they dont even check. Pyramid is fishable in the wind but the good striper spot near the dam and Trollies Bouy is tough in those conditions. The Mid is much better in calm weather when you can cruise and look for boils and birds. Love that place in the late summer early fall.

dixoncider
05-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Went up there today 5/12 killed'em..little windy at times but fishable. See my report..Thanks for the help

Zach1093
05-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Well, sure looks like you didn't need many tips, you absolutely killed them from what your report says/shows. Nicely done!

DodgersFan
05-13-2010, 06:25 AM
do you honestly feel that freshwater is easier than saltwater???

dixoncider
05-13-2010, 07:26 AM
No doubt its easier...