PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Lake 5/6/10

greenbean
05-08-2010, 10:11 AM
The wife was at work and the kids were at school, what shall I do? I'll go fishing!!! Yea!!! I got up to Jackson Lake at around 10:00 am and started out with the fly rod. About 15 casts later I get my first hookup on an olive woolly bugger. I landed and released a nice stocker, about 11 inches. No more love for the fly so I switched to a gold Kastmaster and started walking around the lake. I caught 2 more about the same size on the Kastmaster, both released. I made my way around to the front of the lake and decided the sit and do the bait and wait. Caught 4 more, all pan size on rainbow Power Bait. 1 released and 3 bleeders, kept. Conditions; Beautiful blue skies, no clouds, about 70 degrees. Water was pretty clear and pretty cold with lots of snow melt coming in so the lake was pretty full. There was maybe 12 other anglers out there, mostly on the front side of the lake by the road so it wasn't too crowded at all. I packed it up and went home at around 2:30. Sorry no pics this time.
Totals:
1 trout on the fly
2 trout on a Kastmaster
4 trout on rainbow Power Bait
1 slight sun burn...
Good fishing to all....

teejay
05-08-2010, 10:39 AM
That sounds like a good place to practice my flycasting. I'll have to check it out. Good job on the trout.

Fishbones
05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
congrats on the multi technic trout catching....

SierraPeaks
05-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Is that Jackson Lake near Wrightwood ?

greenbean
05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Is that Jackson Lake near Wrightwood ?

Yes that is Jackson Lake near Wrightwood. Thanks a lot for the congrats :]