PDA

View Full Version : SARL Dead - Fri 5/7/10

Poxy Boggards
05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Hit up SARL this mid morning, there were no fish being caught anywhere around the lake. Headed home at around 1:30 with not even a bite. Tried in close, and out far with no success.

From what I heard from others, there were a few fish caught in the morning then it went dead. No one landed a fish anywhere near me in the 3 spots that i tried. FYI

BrandonFish
05-07-2010, 03:35 PM
damn tough one today! dont they stock on thursdays?

smken59
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
they stocked on wedsday and thursday this week
sorry to hear about the skunk

Rot8
05-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Is the water temperature too warm for the trout? It is hard to imagine where all those fish went from the video stocking? Maybe they went to the deepest part of the lake to get relief?

troutdog
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I was hearing about some of the fish turning up dead, I assume due to the water temp...see any signs of that happening Wes?

Sorry to hear about the rough outing.

TD

jcskim
05-07-2010, 05:59 PM
sorry to hear about the skunk....i was on fire at corona this morning got the limit by 12. pretty warm out there that also can come into play.

Fishbones
05-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Never give up, sometimes you get em sometimes you dont.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-08-2010, 07:31 AM
I think its safe to say trout season at the 'pay-to-play' lakes in SoCal is officially done, or on its downward swing atleast. Time to head up 395!

Trout Kahuna
05-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Got to the lake when it opened. Fished LaPalma point. Got a lot of bites in the morning but only managed to land 2 and my friend got one. The fish would hit the bait hard and somehow spit it out before I got a chance to set the hook. After that it was slow!!! I did catch 2 more fish my friend did not catch anymmore fish. I caught 3 fish on corn pb and one on crawlers. You have to throw deep!!!

smokehound
05-08-2010, 12:11 PM
were you just targetting trout?

I like targetting holdover cats at sarl when the trout arent biting. They arent very common, but the ones you do catch are nice ones.

Nobody was catching tilapia?

Wiretekaaron
05-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Hate to tell everyone, but I think this season is done for trout at SARL. I have been going twice a week for the past few weeks and taking home some nice fish. Had 4's, 5's, 6's & 7's the past couple weeks, but I really wanted to get one of the "big" ones.. I went on 5/6/10 when they were stocking, and while the bite was okay in the morning, it was really pathetic to see all the dead fish and to see the ones that were not right in the head... they would swim right at the shore and then swim upside-down and then on their side. A real shame. We must have seen a couple dozen dead fish, besides the ones that everyone was netting. I think the warm water has just killed it and I don't see the temps dropping anytime soon. Just thought I would post this.

As a side note, on 5/1/10 my neighbor watched the guy fishing right next to him have his partner blow a 25-30Lb trout because of poor netting! He tried to trap the fish with the net and then when he couldn't do that, it ran across the lines next to him, he grabbed the line and tried to untangle things while letting the line go slack...I wonder what happened?? So Sad! The fish was actually at the shore!!! Unbelievable! I told him that I would have been in the water if it was my fish!

-Aaron

Legacyz
05-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Just went today for their night fishing, seems like all the fishes are going deeper into the bottom since its been really warm. No luck today at all, not even a bite.

Poxy Boggards
05-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, this was just a heads up for everyone.

I am sure that there are still a ton of fish in the lake, the waters just getting too warm. I saw one of the pro staff guys taking water temp readings on Friday and the water temps were up in the 70's. Yikes...

There was a ton of carp action going on in the shallows. I was tempted to throw out some bread just to have something to pull on my pole, but it was hot, I was getting sunburnned, and the target fish were not on the chew so I just took off early and got some other stuff done.

Time to dust off the salt gear and the catfish rods.