PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

LadeeFish
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Okay, I am new here. So, please go easy on me. I have been fishing for 40 years and never really knew what I was doing. I had to little brothers to keep busy so, if we were ever near some form of water I would get a stick, some line and a hook and worm, then voila! We were fishing. Caught alot too!

Nowadays I go with hubby. 5 poles, a five drawer tackle box, 2-4-6-10-20 pound test, leader, treble hooks, regular hooks, swivels, weights, floats, every color power bait & lures, lures, lures. I even bought a thing called a bleeding hook - for Gods sake!

Results? Nada, Zilch, Skunked, Zero. The only time I catch anything is off the over populated, POLLUTED, Redondo Pier! and that is only Mackrel with a sabiki rig. We went to Irvine Lake on St. Pattys day. Nothing. We went to Santa Ana River Lakes for the "Monster Sturgeon". Nothing, except a stupid Carp (which I don't count). We went to Castaic Lake and then the Lagoon. All I got was a sunburn and an earache from the wind.

What is wrong? Are we trying to hard? Is it the wrong lunar time?

I think I am going to get a stick, and some old line, and a hook, and a worm. Back to basics...

Maybe this forum might help. See y'all around.

Dude, I just reread what I wrote and I sound like a big crybaby! I did get alot of awesome pics at least.

Fisherman57
04-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the board!

LadeeFish
04-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks! Hey maybe I just need one of those "Team 57" t-shirts?

xtranzman
04-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome

X

Fisherman57
04-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks! Hey maybe I just need one of those "Team 57" t-shirts?

If I could guarantee having a T57 shirt on would catch you fish........... I'd be selling them bad boys on QVC!!! LOL!

Then again................. alot of people do catch fish with em' on! (well, except for me) :wink:

But there available here, just in case: :lol:

http://www.57shirts.com

Crappie Slayer
04-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Welcome!

joe man
04-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Welcome and just to make you feel at home your story and mine are very similar. I get skunked alot too but it still beats work.

IslandBoi
04-11-2007, 11:40 AM
welcome to The Days of Our FNN Lives !!!!!

This place is great, great bunch of guys & gals who love to fish ....

Have fun

PinkFishergirl57
04-11-2007, 01:07 PM
LadeeFish- It is about the fun, the challenge and the people around you- I have Team 57 shirts and even an exclusive one of a kind Team 57 good luck charm, still have yet to catch a fish.

But you are in the right place to start the tide turning- welcome to the board and "Team 57"

PFG57

Granny Fish
04-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Welcome LaddeeFish, look forward to meeting you soon at one of the events.

Fishergirl57, I think you have to have a line in the water to catch a fish. :wink:

(joking, couldn't help myself...)

PinkFishergirl57
04-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Damn, I knew there was something I was missing- I bought the pink fishing pole, the instructions did say something about inserting in water- :explode:

LadeeFish
04-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Wait a minute. You have to put the thing in the water? Just kidding...

one_leg
04-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi there LadeeFish,
You'll do fine. I hope to see you around.
Don't forget say hello if you see me.
Just don't let me catch you posting a rendezvous in the reports section. J/K

Oh, J/K means Just Kidding.

One_Leg

sansou
04-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi there LadeeFish,

One_Leg

1LEG,

You're slipping....

Usually you are the first member around to welcome female FNN members.....what's happening bro?

:D :rofl:

(P.S.: Welcome Ladeefish!)

Fisherman57
04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi there LadeeFish,

One_Leg

Ladeefish.........contact "Sansou" if you think you're gonna need a
restraining order for "One Leg". :lol:

one_leg
04-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Ladeefish.........contact "Sansou" if you think you're gonna need a
restraining order for "One Leg". :lol:
Like those have ever done any good! Sheeeeeesh.
I don't take orders, I give em.

Now go fishing. I command you!

Drats, another page break. Rich, if this ain't a conspiracy, I don't know what is.

bullets_full
04-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Just don't contact Sansou for fishing advice if you want to catch fish..... :lol:

LadeeFish
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I have a rendezvous with life.
Countee Cullen

Carrie
04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Welcome!

I am very new to this site! Just got on it...maybe a few days ago. I can't give u tips yet until I learn more...lol. But it is good to have another lady on this site!! I think a bunch of us ladies should all go fishing together. That would be some fun times! :D

bigfishlittlefish
04-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Welcome!

I am very new to this site! Just got on it...maybe a few days ago. I can't give u tips yet until I learn more...lol. But it is good to have another lady on this site!! I think a bunch of us ladies should all go fishing together. That would be some fun times! :D

Drats! I get locked out of the house because of my wife's bunko party, and now I'm locked out of a potential rendezvous. It must be a conspiracy. Oooorrrrr can it be my breath, b.o. or feet? Does anyone know if Dr. Scholl's is safe for underarm use?

Welcome, LadeeFish and Carrie!

bflf