PDA

View Full Version : Few questions for the May Trout Madness event...

whack 'em
05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
I have two questions regarding this event. Any insight would be appreciated.

Question #1
[QUOTE=Bill Hutcheson;453995] “FYI - for those of you who are sitting on the fence on this one, as of 5-3-10 we only have 100 or so sign ups. That means the lake will be wide open and won't be a huge mess like some other larger events.”

So...
I just called Irvine lake and asked about the event that was being held on Saturday. I asked if the lake was going to be open for the general public, or if it was going to be limited to the people who signed up for the event. The response from the lake was that yes, they would be open for business as usual that Saturday and general admission would be the standard 22 dollars. Which is it?

Question #2
I was under the impression that due to the may trout madness event, the gates would be open on Saturday at 0500 hrs. Is this still the case?

Any ideas?

TaperSteve
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Sign ups and mandatory check in is tonight from 5pm-9pm and in the morning from 4am-11am. The gates open in the morning for vehicles and boat launching at 5am. The tournament starts at 6am and goes until 3pm. Scales open at 12pm and you have to be in line by 4pm to weigh in your fish or redeem tagged fish.

Not sure what they are doing about the general public for this event. For the W0N event they only had the lake open for people in the tournament that day.

Steve