PDA

View Full Version : 72nd St Jetty 5-6-10

Newfishsmell
05-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Decided to change it up a bit from the freshwater fishing and try something a little different . Got one nice Spottie (cpr) , also had two smaller Sandbass. Both Sandbass made a quick escape as I tried to take'em off the hook . I need a little more practice with my foot work or balancing act on the rocks lol .
All caught on 3 1/2 in swimbaits . The Spottie took me in the rocks 3 times before I was able to bring'em up on 6lb line . Next time I'm bringing the heavy gear !!!
All in all it was a great afternoon on the rocks ....

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Jetty%20Fishing/100_0181.jpg

5-8-10
Went back out today to try my luck . Didn't want to make a new post , so short report and a couple pics here .
Fished the surf for a little bit(nada), then moved over to the inside of the jetty and hooked this on my first cast . Not very big , but a first for me from shore ... :Smile:
I'm liking this location , its about a 15 min drive for me , so I could go drop a line for a couple hours and get some fresh air.

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Jetty%20Fishing/100_0183.jpg

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Jetty%20Fishing/100_0184.jpg

TopwaterTony
05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
6-8 # floro line is all you need. that's all i ever use. nice spotty though, and excellenct choice of color swimmie.

Chito
05-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Nice!!...Its always fun to go out and fish from the rocks

murrieta angler
05-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Nice job NFS,
Keep up the good work.
Robert

Fishbones
05-06-2010, 10:38 PM
cool change up there chuck and nice spottie!!

jetty fishing is always more fun because of the terrain

Fishbones

Jaysuuun
05-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Wow that's a nicer spottie from that area. Awesome job on the 6lb line.

ryryk
05-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Nice spottie bud!
Man, I need to get back out there... I've been slacking!
Get some fluoro for sure... Lost many spotties at first with 8lb mono.... They have some pretty good teeth!

Thanks for the report
Ry

fisherman from long beach
05-07-2010, 08:19 AM
nice going on the spotty,they always put up a good fight.good change.

Newfishsmell
05-07-2010, 10:42 AM
6-8 # floro line is all you need. that's all i ever use. nice spotty though, and excellenct choice of color swimmie.

Thanks TT , I appreciate the tip . I'll bump it up to 8lb for sure ...

Nice!!...Its always fun to go out and fish from the rocks

It sure was , thanks Chito ...

Nice job NFS,
Keep up the good work.
Robert

Hey thanks Robert ...

cool change up there chuck and nice spottie!!
jetty fishing is always more fun because of the terrain
Fishbones

Fun & challenging , thanks Alex ...

Wow that's a nicer spottie from that area. Awesome job on the 6lb line.

Thanks Jaysuuun , that little Spottie was tough , must of had 2ft of frayed line from going in the rocks.
First Spottie I've caught in over 5 years . I definitely need to fish the local beaches/harbors more , much shorter drive for me.

Nice spottie bud!
Man, I need to get back out there... I've been slacking!
Get some fluoro for sure... Lost many spotties at first with 8lb mono.... They have some pretty good teeth!

Thanks for the report
Ry

Will do on the fluoro line. Yeah those bad boys have some sharp teeth , drew blood when I grabbed hold of it ,but was worth it .
Hey thanks Ry ....

nice going on the spotty,they always put up a good fight.good change.

Yeah its amazing how tough they are for their size . Now I have Spottie fever !!!
Beats driving an hour to the lake , when I could make it to LB in 15 to 20 mins :Big Grin:
Thanks FFLB ...

Jaysuuun
05-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah its amazing how tough they are for their size . Now I have Spottie fever !!!
Beats driving an hour to the lake , when I could make it to LB in 15 to 20 mins :Big Grin:
Thanks FFLB ...

That is the very reason why I don't do a lot of freshwater fishing. It's too far of a drive (gas) to any of the better lakes and when you get there you still have to pay for parking/launch/rental/entrance fees. I like being able to fish the local piers, harbors and beaches whenever the heck I feel like it. LOL the local salt never closes! :Cool:

BrandonFish
05-07-2010, 03:48 PM
it is a great challenge pulling bass out of those rock with light gear i find that some of the funnest stuff to hook em and bring them in from the rocks nice spottie!:Envious:

delmar
05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Nice spottie, im hitting that place up soon.

Newfishsmell
05-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the tips & replies guys , maybe see you out on the water sometime soon.
Went back out today & got one small Hali :Smile: .... (pixs added)

flyngby
05-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks FFLB ...

Glad you spelled it "Spottie fever!!!" cause I have the term "SPOTTED FEVER" patented!!:Big Smile:

Nice spottie from the jetty and on the flattie!

Steve

Newfishsmell
05-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Glad you spelled it "Spottie fever!!!" cause I have the term "SPOTTED FEVER" patented!!:Big Smile:

Nice spottie from the jetty and on the flattie!

Steve

Thanks Steve
"SPOTTED FEVER" ... yeah , I like the way that sounds .

DockRat
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Nice Halibut and Spottie.
You should try bringing a net.
You get a big Halibut and you'll wish you had one with you.
DR

Newfishsmell
05-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Nice Halibut and Spottie.
You should try bringing a net.
You get a big Halibut and you'll wish you had one with you.
DR

Hey thanks DR

I seem to specialize in the smaller models lol , but one of these days I might just get lucky , thanks .