PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe Dam

FishinElectrician
05-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Went to SFD today after work today. Got skunked lookin for Bass, trying Fat Ika, a Lucky Craft Rick Clunn shallow crank, and a Booyah Hot Wire spinnerbait. The water looked a bit murky, and I saw no signs of fish anywhere. Except when...

I saw some piece of sh*t snag a monster Bass off her bed, which was right next to the lifeguard dock. He netted the fish and started stumbling around trying to take the hook off the fish's head when he saw me approaching. He knew he was in the wrong, so he was coming up with all kinds of lame a** lines trying to convince me he didnt do it on purpose, and that the Bass actually tried to hit the lure. Only thing is, I kept seeing him swiping at the fish over and over. Sorry piec of garbage... It was some older guy who was riding around on a bike which he loaded onto a lifted burgundy Chevy truck and took off in, after I started to put his dumb a** in his place.

It makes me laugh when I see fisherman cruising the shorelines looking for bedding fish, but when someone has to resort to snagging fish off beds, it makes me want to smash their face in. Especially when the moron was letting the fish bounce and slam itself on the sidewalk while he was taking pictures of the fish with his phone.

Im sorry for the rant, but it just pi**ed me off...

simijab
05-06-2010, 08:23 PM
yeah I here you man. I feel like resorting to violence to some times but there is no reason for you to get in trouble so just keep the dfg's number in your wallet and call them right in front of the jack a-- let him know the whole time how much a poaching fine is just to freak him out. Or just for fun fish next to him and every time he cast, you can cast your line over his and snag him it could be fun to see him get pi**ed off

Fishbones
05-06-2010, 10:46 PM
damn, that sucks.....should have called the dfg right then and there

cartmanis
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
i was there yesterday thursday from 630-1pm when did this happen? i was fishing trout next to the ramp then moved to the point didnt see this happen? how the f><k did i miss this...

Fishbones
05-07-2010, 09:17 PM
did the guy have a black bike with white spots spray painted on it?

think i saw him today.....

FishinElectrician
05-08-2010, 06:27 AM
i was there yesterday thursday from 630-1pm when did this happen? i was fishing trout next to the ramp then moved to the point didnt see this happen? how the f><k did i miss this...I got there around 330.

FishinElectrician
05-08-2010, 06:28 AM
did the guy have a black bike with white spots spray painted on it?

think i saw him today.....I dont remember any spots painted on, but I know he has some makeshift pvc rod holders on it.