PDA

View Full Version : Channel islands 11th/12th/13th

Tail Chaser
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Launched out of Oxnard Wed,11th at noon.Beat the afternoon swell/chop. Couple of pvt boats fishing a offshore wreck. I stopped for a few mins, no bites. So moved on. Passed on Anacapa island this trip. Fished the point off the east end of Santa Cruz, No luck. So anchored in my favorite cove.
Lots of diving birds,seals that dont bother me. And them Darn Bat Rays :evil: Hooked up to 5 bat rays, a lobster, 9in mac and one 36 in barracuda. Well, theres one meal anyway. :D
Next morning,Thurs, Headed to Santa Rosa island.(first time) Always heard of the xlnt fishing there.Thought! :roll: Burn most of my extra fuel getting there. Catch my limits of WSB, halibut, and long shot of yellowtail.Then head home one day early. Water was a cold black 55 degrees :cry: .Boat at 1/2 tank. :shock: No extra fuel to burn :cry: Caught one 13in Sculpin.(released)
Friday morning, Started heading back the front side of Santa Cruz. Stopped/anchored near two harbors. Caught two more batrays :evil:
Still barely enough fuel to try Ventura flats, then backto the ramp at CIH. 4PM Fri at Ventura flats.Anochored in bad swell/windchop. No bites after two hours. So headed back to Oxnard. Bunch of boats hiding behind the breakwall :lol:
I cant get the Sculpin pic to upload. But he saved the Thursday skunk :D