PDA

View Full Version : May 15-1 Jim Hall Memorial May Trout Classic Big Bear Lake

bowler
05-06-2010, 08:13 AM
who is going to big bear lake for this derby?

I am going up there just to fish not to be in the derby that weekend. It is going to be a lot of people up there for the derby.

Pete Marino
05-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I used to fish the "May trout classic" every year from like 1987-2000.. Jim Hall was a really nice guy. He would put alot of work into that derby. It was sad when he passed away.. I still like to fish his memorial event now and then but its harder to find time nowadays.. I cant this year..

If you guys want to fish a really fun, well organized event give the Jim Hall Memorial May trout classic a try... Its great!!!!

Pete

HANG'IN ONE
05-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I agree Pete I used to fish the Jim HAll event 94 - 2000 had a blast, Jim was a great person. Lots of people that weekend, now I fish the week following the event & score big on the tournament holdovers along with the winter holdovers. Also camp every Memorial day weekend @ Serrano campground up there & still score the tournament holdovers.
Good luck Bowler!

Tight lines

J.V.

bowler
05-06-2010, 10:29 AM
thank you guy i have fished during the derby but never in it and i mainly fish at night because that is when there is less people and you get the better bites and it is not windy at all if there was wind during the day.

fishmounter
05-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Yes- Like Pete said, Jim Hall was a very nice guy. He "hired" me to provide a free mount of the derby's winning trout for several years. They put in some really big Rainbows about a week before the event. Some fish were up to 15 pounds.