PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake 5/4/10 Cool breeze

Hitts0n
05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Hooked up with Raylo and Frenchy along with his girl to go do some striper killing.Met up at gallions at about 6:30am for some grub and fresh sardines.Got to the lake at about 7am and the gates just opened.Wind already.Winds were like 9-15 mph.Man we thought,should have went to Castaic.Oh well we are here now.Got to my usual spot.As I was getting ready to go down the rocks I took one step away from a loose rock and down I go,but on top of my rods.Crack goes my purple pole.Oh well,of course fiberglass you can throw under a fire truck and it still will hold.So fiberglass pole from now on I will only buy.Got up,got down to the water and set up with all poles with dines.My pole goes off first and before I had a chance to set the hook,Frenchy already on it! Ok it would have been my first fish of the day,but I had to make sure Frenchy got on some fish...lol

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2305.jpg

Cool! Crybaby Frenchy is now ok with the fact we had one fish on as soon as we arrived...lol
Last time we went to Castaic night fishing we didnt catch anything.So we sit around second bite on Frenchy's pole and nothing,set the hook to late.I warned him that these fish are smart n quick.Ok over all Raylo skunk,I guess since I didnt reel the first fish in I was skunk.Frenchy had pulled four in and got big headed and thought he was all that from the second fish on out....lol.....I guess im still good at getting people on some stripers !!
Congrats to Frenchy for owning the rip rap at Pyramid lake ! Im like 6-0 now ! :Cool:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2306.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2307.jpg

I'll see this lake soon ! For revenge !! :Twisted:

Fishbones
05-05-2010, 10:59 PM
cool report HittsOn.....never let your pole out of your site.....

Hitts0n
05-05-2010, 11:05 PM
cool report HittsOn.....never let your pole out of your site.....

I guess not,the pole was 1 foot away from me right over my shoulders...lol

lalo56
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Nice! I was just next to you that day but we will try again.

I learned alot today!

lalo56
05-05-2010, 11:31 PM
I guess not,the pole was 1 foot away from me right over my shoulders...lol

did the same thing on good bites. its just a matter of knowing when to set the hook

CAPT'N
05-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Armando,

keep a rattlesnake nearby, always a cure for pole nabbers, and Raylo.....LOL

Eat Sleep Fish
05-06-2010, 08:29 AM
good fishing out there. gotta hit up the mid soon. sorry to hear about your pole. good job....keep it up!

Frenchy
05-06-2010, 09:10 AM
ahahahah i was very eagar plus not like you would have landed it lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
ahahahah i was very eagar plus not like you would have landed it lol
congrats on feesh....nice : )

way ta go !

P.S.
Betta' watch using those chain stringers, a signifigant striper will bend open those chain hooks and leave you left wanting : (

I might suggest using a rope stringer....

Anyway

Congrats on the shore catches....sweet : )

cutbait
05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
congrats on feesh....nice : )

way ta go !

P.S.
Betta' watch using those chain stringers, a signifigant striper will bend open those chain hooks and leave you left wanting : (

I might suggest using a rope stringer....

Anyway

Congrats on the shore catches....sweet : )

I second that! I have seen lots of fish lost on those stringers. Rope or the chain stringers with a locking clip. Take the advise and don't learn the hard way

Frenchy
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
ive heard that too so i have my rope also thanks for the tip

fishinone
05-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Putting your friends on fish isn't quite a skunk, but I'm sure your prefer catching them yourself.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Putting your friends on fish isn't quite a skunk, but I'm sure your prefer catching them yourself.
Must be the purple wally world pole : )

Ha ha ha ha

Maybe I need one !

Hitts0n
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
:Twisted:I just bought 2 more new ones ! Im getting ready for striper seas0n! HAHAHAHAHA!

Native Gal
05-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Not the PURPLE one Hitts!!!! Oh well! I know you'll kill em fo'sho' next time, them stripers are gonna TapOut! Looking forward to the revenge report, muwahahaa!!!!

NG

Mondo21
05-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Nice pics of Frenchy. WTG on Mr. Stripey. Good report Hitts, you will get revenge. Cindy:Big Grin:

TroutOnly
05-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Thats what those weird noises were when i trolled by those trees..............hitts and frenchy,,,,,lol,,,,,,,what were you doing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,