PDA

View Full Version : Lake Don Pedro

fishrmn
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Anyone have any tips for a beginner wanting to catch some nice Kings at Don Pedro? Where are the best places to fish? What to use? Etc. First time at this lake and I have never fished for kings before. I plan on trolling with downriggers. Thanks!

FISHINGBEE
05-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Anyone have any tips for a beginner wanting to catch some nice Kings at Don Pedro? Where are the best places to fish? What to use? Etc. First time at this lake and I have never fished for kings before. I plan on trolling with downriggers. Thanks!

Trout Salmon morning fast trolling homemade spoons at 18 ft water. Afternoon trout at 6 to 28 ft. Open water 50 to 100 ft. Near Jenkins Hill and Big Oak Island. Rolled shad or anchovies. Last week was a wide open King bite to 5 lbs. Hoochies in purple, or pink with the shad or anchovies can make a difference. Kokanee are in same areas liking the wedding rings with a night crawler. Bass bite 10 to 20 ft. Holding near wood or structures. Bass hitting plastics watermelon a good bet. Lake is 20 ft from spilling. At 807.34 vertical 86 percent full capacity. 59 % 62 % Morning and Afternoon. Hope this helps.

FISHINGBEE

fishrmn
05-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Trout Salmon morning fast trolling homemade spoons at 18 ft water. Afternoon trout at 6 to 28 ft. Open water 50 to 100 ft. Near Jenkins Hill and Big Oak Island. Rolled shad or anchovies. Last week was a wide open King bite to 5 lbs. Hoochies in purple, or pink with the shad or anchovies can make a difference. Kokanee are in same areas liking the wedding rings with a night crawler. Bass bite 10 to 20 ft. Holding near wood or structures. Bass hitting plastics watermelon a good bet. Lake is 20 ft from spilling. At 807.34 vertical 86 percent full capacity. 59 % 62 % Morning and Afternoon. Hope this helps.

FISHINGBEE

Thanks FISHINGBEE. Was also curious on your take on different parts of the lake. Seems like some reports are saying east side or near Moccasin point, and some are saying near the Dam. With a lake so big is it really possible to fish the whole lake in a half day or should one focus on a specific area? (Taking my dad out and want to have the best chance possible : ) And in that case, where would be the best use of time - Deeper Water Areas, Channel beds, Dam, Jenkins Hill Area?

Anyone else is free to chime in on this topic or the previous one as well. For those of us who this is new to, any help that will lead to a great day on the water is appreciated!

Thanks