PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 5/02, Duct 5/03 & Castaic 5/04 report.

kpn
05-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Sunday 05/02/10.
I got the invite to fish with CAP’TN on Sunday for the afternoon bite. CAP’TN picked me up @ 1.30pm and we cruising around the lake look for fish. We did not see what we were looking for, so we went back @ the spot he caught 6 nice fish the morning session. The spot we want was taken, so we just pick one and fish, after about 30 minute, we decided to move next to Fishinone’s spot to fish.
It was a slow afternoon bites; we pick up one here, one there. I end the day with 4 stripers, 1 nice size, the rest is just schoolies. Cap’tn got one for the afternoon. We missed several bite :Sad:.
Scott,
Thanks for the invite, we should do it again.
Here is the picture of my fish.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/CastaicStripers002.jpg

Monday 05/03/10.
Hai & I planned to fish the duct Monday night, just to see how the bite was. We got to the first spot around 10pm and stay there until 12am with only a few bites, but we missed em all :Sad:, Hai has one good bite, but missed after 10 second fight & lost it, later he checked the treble hook and found out it was open, because of the fish. First time I see the fish does that to my KPN’s hook :Evil:. It must be a nice one (the fish story… hehehe :LOL:).
We moved to the next spot and fish until 2.00am with only 1 hook up for Hai, congrats Buddy…..You kick my butt! :Embarrassed:.
I had couple light bite, but missed em both. SKUNK for me :Crying:.
We did not take the picture of Hai’s fish, just a schoolies 4lber.

Tuesday 05/04/10.
On the way back home from the duct, we pass Castaic @ 3am and I told Hai that I’ll be back here in 3 hrs to kill my skunk. I went home, get ready and in bed @ 4.00am, could not sleep, because of the monster drink, got up @ 5.00am, take my son to the swimming pool (high school PE), and off to the lake I went to meet my new fishing friend, which I never met.
The day before, I got the invite from one of my customer and also a board member. We met at the parking lot, prep the boat, launch and look for fish. We did not see what we looking for, so off to the spot I fish before with Cap’tn. As we were cruising before 7.30am, the lake was flat calm and the minute after that….someone just turn on the fan, the wind was getting nasty as the day progress.
At the spot I pick up some fish right away despite the wind, I even had couple double hook up. We missed so many bites because of the wind and had 2 broke my 6lbs flouro leader:mad:. I got 6 fishes in the morning.
At about 10.00am the bite dies, so we moved to the east side looking for fish, we did not see much, so off to the morning spot, within minutes after arrived I got on fish, I pick up 4 more there to finished my limit and my new friend pick up 1 at that spot. We also missed as much bites like the morning.
As the planned, I have to leave at 1.00pm to pick up my kids at school…..I left them biting and my friend will be back at the spot after dropping me off.
John,
Thank you so much for the invite. We had so much fun fishing out there. We should do it again soon.
Here are some pictures I took on the way in. We are too busy fishing, so no action pics.
Half of the fishes are nice model and half are schoolies.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/CastaicStripers003-1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/CastaicStripers004-1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/CastaicStripers005.jpg

Eat Sleep Fish; It was nice to meet you out there.
I’m consider very fortunate to know and be friend with many of you over the year fishing, either shore fishing or from a boat. We have so much fun fishing & telling fishing story and …..Lies.
And for all of you my friends out there…..THANK YOU!!!

KPN.

BrandonFish
05-05-2010, 11:24 AM
sunday monday tuesday thats the way to do it! thanks for the report cant the see pics. =(
crazy how the fish can open the trouble hook what do you mean by that? straightn it or the ring came loose?

Trebleman
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
good job khanh

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-05-2010, 11:47 AM
KEEL KEEL SLAY SLAY !

one trip to the next !

Monster !

No Sleep !

Slayage ! Slayage ! Slayage !

You've been hangin around with me too long Khanh !

THAT'S THE WAY TA ROLL !

Congrats !

Feel the steel style if I eva' saw it !

Saweet !

Very nice !
Gary

Shock
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Nice going there Khanh....

I wish I got to fish as often as you!!

Keep killing them Striper man!!!

CAPT'N
05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Nice Khan,

Keep getting those linesides...............

oscarsx
05-05-2010, 01:47 PM
fish pwnage!

trail blazer
05-05-2010, 02:15 PM
WTG KAHN and fellow FNNers.

Thats funny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no body call,d me for permission to fish MY DUCT,,,LOL

yolo
05-05-2010, 02:26 PM
WTG Khanh. I have a broken hook and also a slightly bent out hook that I lost something on late last year. Yeah your hooks seem very strong and was surprised to see it myself. The broken one is on the fly tied hook too.

Save some fish for me. I'm taking a few weeks off out of necessity.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
You slayed em man. Good job. We landed one more after you left and missed a bunch of bites. Great meeting you!

fishinone
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi Khahn,

Nice reports, congrats.
You've been hitting it hard lately.
Your due for a big one.

Ron

TroutOnly
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Kill all stripers,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kpn
05-06-2010, 08:52 AM
sunday monday tuesday thats the way to do it! thanks for the report cant the see pics. =(
crazy how the fish can open the trouble hook what do you mean by that? straightn it or the ring came loose?

It just slightly bent out one of the hook.

Thanks.

good job khanh

Thanks Trebleman. Go get em.

KEEL KEEL SLAY SLAY !

one trip to the next !

Monster !

No Sleep !

Slayage ! Slayage ! Slayage !

You've been hangin around with me too long Khanh !

THAT'S THE WAY TA ROLL !

Congrats !

Feel the steel style if I eva' saw it !

Saweet !

Very nice !
Gary

Yeah! I've been hanging around with you too much....I turm in to the fish killing machine :Envious:. I try to thin out the striper @ Castaic you know :LOL:. Thanks bro.

Nice going there Khanh....

I wish I got to fish as often as you!!

Keep killing them Striper man!!!

Joseph,
This is the problem with the unemployment thing gives to me......Now I just make more lure and go fishing :Envious:. Go get em bro.

Nice Khan,

Keep getting those linesides...............

Thanks Scott,
We should get out and kill some more.

fish pwnage!

Thanks.

WTG KAHN and fellow FNNers.

Thats funny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no body call,d me for permission to fish MY DUCT,,,LOL

Thanks Scott,
Next time I go to your duct area, I'll try to get permission first :Secret:. My wife permission that is :Envious:.

WTG Khanh. I have a broken hook and also a slightly bent out hook that I lost something on late last year. Yeah your hooks seem very strong and was surprised to see it myself. The broken one is on the fly tied hook too.

I've had a broken treble hook before, because I hit the bank while casting, other than that, never have bent hook.
The fish are hitting on & off, go get em while you can.

You slayed em man. Good job. We landed one more after you left and missed a bunch of bites. Great meeting you!

It was great meeting you two out there bro....It just my lucky day :Wink:.

Hi Khahn,

Nice reports, congrats.
You've been hitting it hard lately.
Your due for a big one.

Ron

Thanks Ron,
I fish as much as I can and trying to get a 20's or 30's...that's my goal for this year :Wink:.
I'm leaving right now for a seminar for 3 days. I'll be back Sat night and ready for next week slayfest.....anyone have a boat & want to fish weekday? :Envious::Envious:.

Kill all stripers,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Bob,
I just did my share to help thin out the herd. You are the one who did the most damage :LOL:.

Thank my friends for the props.

KPN.

HaiTheMeister
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
you are the "Sir-fish-a-lot"
had a great time fishing with you!!!

FarmerJohn
05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey Khahn,
I hung two more at that same spot after I dropped you off at the ramp then I just toured the metering all the points looking for the motherload that wasn't there then Ipacked it in.
I'm glad I finally got to meet you and was honored to have you go fishing with me. It was one of the most enjoyable trips I've had in a long time and you bet we'll do it again. I'm thinking the first part of this week! I'll try to call you later today.
Your Fishin Bud John!
:LOL::Idea::Big Grin:

yolo
05-06-2010, 09:27 PM

It just slightly bent out one of the hook.

I've had a broken treble hook before, because I hit the bank while casting, other than that, never have bent hook.

Hitting the bank bends them in. I have been bent out with fish although very rarely on your hooks. The broken one I had a fish on for a short time. My buddy caught a nice striper in the AV yesterday on the 1oz skinny shad and his hook got bent too. It was a great fighter he had on and it showed in the hook getting bent.

kpn
05-08-2010, 12:03 PM
you are the "Sir-fish-a-lot"
had a great time fishing with you!!!

I just try to thin out the striper's population at Castaic you know :Wink:.
I'm home now. Let go again bro.

KPN.

kpn
05-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey Khahn,
I hung two more at that same spot after I dropped you off at the ramp then I just toured the metering all the points looking for the motherload that wasn't there then Ipacked it in.
I'm glad I finally got to meet you and was honored to have you go fishing with me. It was one of the most enjoyable trips I've had in a long time and you bet we'll do it again. I'm thinking the first part of this week! I'll try to call you later today.
Your Fishin Bud John!
:LOL::Idea::Big Grin:

I just came back from a 3 days seminar out of town. We should go get them again soon John :Wink:. It was fun!
Thanks agin for the invited.

Khanh.