PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake

Taiko
05-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,

i went up to big bear this weekend with 17 other friends to celebrate my birthday. The cabin i rented was HUGE and 10 yards from the lake! After a heavy friday night of drinking and eating, i didn't wake up until about 10am. A few of us had breakfast and then we were off to the lake. Fished in boulder bay for a few trout. Power worms were lure of choice. All trout were the same size, ranging from 2-3 pounds. all trout were released but one, which we kept for dinner. The bows were VERY dark. After a few hours, we were hungry again and headed back to the cabin for more food. The following morning we did the same thing with the same results, just a few more rainbows. There were many fish still spawning so maybe in a few weeks, things will definitely pick up. Only have one pic because the gf's took the pictures on their camera, and this is the only one i had on my phone. Gluck next time guys!

mudskipper76
05-04-2010, 11:18 PM
awesome! i fished that same spot on friday and nailed a couple myself. they were really gorgeous fish.
were you guys directly across from the spot?

CRESTLINER16
05-05-2010, 12:26 AM
happy Birthday!! Sounds like a perfect way to spend it. How did you find the cabin and how much was it to rent? did all 17 people fit in it?

bowler
05-05-2010, 12:32 AM
i am going up on the 15 and 16 of this month and stay at my parents cabin for free.

BrandonFish
05-05-2010, 12:49 AM
couldnt do a b-day any better then that

adriiiian
05-05-2010, 07:26 AM
haha nice I would probably do the same thing for my bday.
thats an excellent spot right there.

Taiko
05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
awesome! i fished that same spot on friday and nailed a couple myself. they were really gorgeous fish.
were you guys directly across from the spot?

Yea, this fish were really gorgeous, and im not sure what "spot" your taking about haha

happy Birthday!! Sounds like a perfect way to spend it. How did you find the cabin and how much was it to rent? did all 17 people fit in it?

Thank you, i found the cabin online. there are many good websites that offer which cabins they have for rent. The company i went with was Big Bear Luxury Properties, and their website is www.bigbearlp.com the cabin we stayed in was Waterscape. I rent a cabin every year and this was the BEST one by far! All 18 ppl fit in the cabin, and im sure another 10 would have fit just fine. The rent for the cabin was $1443.00 for the weekend. But currently at this time, they offer "rent two nights, and get the third free" so check it out.

CL SmooV
05-12-2010, 03:27 PM
i am going up on the 15 and 16 of this month and stay at my parents cabin for free.

id hope it would be free considering its your parents pad.

adriiiian
05-12-2010, 03:33 PM
is that boulder bay??

Eat Sleep Fish
05-12-2010, 07:25 PM
big bear seems to always have nice looking trout.

good job bro! 2-3 pounders?!?! sounds like good times to me.

keep 'em coming.

oscarsx
05-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Big Bear is not all that far from my pad, I should go try it out and search for some bass. Although I've never seen reports from that place for bass fishing, maybe it's not all that good?

Rod Wynn
05-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Big Bear is not all that far from my pad, I should go try it out and search for some bass. Although I've never seen reports from that place for bass fishing, maybe it's not all that good?

If you do go or hear a bass report please let me know..
We have that CBC qualifier out there on June 25th and I have never been there in my life so if anyone has any bass info feel free to PM me..

Thanks in advance..

Taiko
05-13-2010, 10:49 AM
is that boulder bay??

Yes that is boulder bay. just make sure your not fishing in any moving water. There are signs posted so you should know when ur clear.

big bear seems to always have nice looking trout.

good job bro! 2-3 pounders?!?! sounds like good times to me.

keep 'em coming.

Thanks man, big bear is one my favorite lakes to fish trout. Cant wait to go up there in June!