PDA

View Full Version : Jumpman & Trout 1 kill the surf 5/3

Trout 1
05-04-2010, 12:33 PM
So, me and Jumpman went to huntington beach for some surf fishing... i read the tide charts the night before and the site said high tide was at 12:06pm. it was my first time surf fishing. So we got there aroud 11:30 and fished for an hour with nothing, so jumpman was like theres somethings up about the tide....so i said lets ask the lifegaurd and we had 2 hours till high tide so i guess i read the chart wrong :Angry: haha! So we chilled for a while and went back down to the water and man was the bite ON!!! We killed it for like three hours haha Jumpman ened up with the most fish an the biggest fish :Evil: lol!! All in all it was a great day...thanks again Jason u got me hooked fer sureee!!

Trout 1
Andrew

jumpman
05-04-2010, 01:12 PM
no thanks needed, we had a good time, you actually posted our report lol i didnt think either of us would..... good day though and water was like glass

ryryk
05-04-2010, 01:52 PM
no thanks needed, we had a good time, you actually posted our report lol i didnt think either of us would..... good day though and water was like glass

Hey great report. What kind of fish did you catch and what bait?

Thanks keep the surf updates coming

Trout 1
05-04-2010, 02:16 PM

Yea I was trippin on how clear the water was...

Trout 1
05-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey great report. What kind of fish did you catch and what bait?

Thanks keep the surf updates coming

We were using 2in glup sand worms.....all surfperch and plenty hahaha

bowler
05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Did you see any corbina in the surf?

BrandonFish
05-04-2010, 06:00 PM
gttn on your perch for the first time in the surf Sweet! *what ever happened to Jason setting up a trip to the surf with us shot him some pms but ignored i was* :Rolls Eyes: :Wink: :Smack:

Trout 1
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM

No we didnt, I heard its not hot enough not sure tho??

Trout 1

murrieta angler
05-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the short report Jason.
Robert

Fisherman57
05-04-2010, 09:02 PM
So, me and Jumpman went to huntington beach for some surf fishing... i read the tide charts the night before and the site said high tide was at 12:06pm. it was my first time surf fishing. So we got there aroud 11:30 and fished for an hour with nothing, so jumpman was like theres somethings up about the tide....so i said lets ask the lifegaurd and we had 2 hours till high tide so i guess i read the chart wrong :Angry: haha! So we chilled for a while and went back down to the water and man was the bite ON!!! We killed it for like three hours haha Jumpman ened up with the most fish an the biggest fish :Evil: lol!! All in all it was a great day...thanks again Jason u got me hooked fer sureee!!

Trout 1
Andrew

Congrats on getting out and getting a few!
Sorry I missed your calls Jason........ I was outta town all weekend.

I've seen a few........ once the water warms a little more, and the crab beds appear.... you'll see more.

Wingnut
05-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Congrats on the successful surf outing... a wide oipen Perch bite is fun! :Big Grin:

Trout 1
05-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Congrats on the successful surf outing... a wide oipen Perch bite is fun! :Big Grin:

Yea thats fer sure.... Jumpman (Jason) made a addict out of me hahaha.... Jason was saying that the bite wasnt as hot as the day before tho.. also thanks again for the info Wingnut!!

Wingnut
05-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Yea thats fer sure.... Jumpman (Jason) made a addict out of me hahaha.... Jason was saying that the bite wasnt as hot as the day before tho.. also thanks again for the info Wingnut!!

You're welcome... keep practicing on those Perch, then get yourself ready for the "Flat" models. :Wink: :Twisted: :Big Grin:

troutdog
05-04-2010, 11:16 PM

Trout 1
Andrew

This chart is pretty easy to read and gives you an idea of different areas both North and South....
http://wavecast.net/tideall.shtml

Good job out there on the perch gents! If you don't mind some company shoot me a PM next time you hit the beach, be a pleasure to meet both of you and wet a line.

TD

Trout 1
05-04-2010, 11:21 PM
This chart is pretty easy to read and gives you an idea of different areas both North and South....

Good job out there on the perch gents! If you don't mind some company shoot me a PM next time you hit the beach, be a pleasure to meet both of you and wet a line.

TD

Well i forgot to add, the site i went to was off by like 2 hours but thanx for the chart man!!! Fer sure we will hit u up...

Trout 1

Trout 1
05-04-2010, 11:24 PM
You're welcome... keep practicing on those Perch, then get yourself ready for the "Flat" models. :Wink: :Twisted: :Big Grin:

Yea i cant wait for that....also corbina i heard they fight HARD!!

Trout 1

bowler
05-04-2010, 11:36 PM
No we didnt, I heard its not hot enough not sure tho??

Trout 1

Oh ok once it warms up in the surf i will give you a few spots that have some big corbina in there.

Trout 1
05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
oh ok sweeet man thanx!!!

Trout 1

bowler
05-04-2010, 11:47 PM
This fish type of fish are fun to catch in the surf. The spotfin was my first caught last year and the corbina was taken in a spot that has a lot of big one.

jumpman
05-05-2010, 10:23 AM
gttn on your perch for the first time in the surf Sweet! *what ever happened to Jason setting up a trip to the surf with us shot him some pms but ignored i was* :Rolls Eyes: :Wink: :Smack:

Brandon your being a baby again lol, i got one pm from you about going i think, we will go soon though i promise....... do you have my cell phone number?

I've seen a few........ once the water warms a little more, and the crab beds appear.... you'll see more.

for sure, i am ready for that man

No problem dana, almost everything i was catching was about 11 inches...... no bad

we had a good time arthur, next time i hope you can join us.

TD
i will check out this site, thanks for the 411. lets hit the surf soon

Oh ok once it warms up in the surf i will give you a few spots that have some big corbina in there.

nice fish man

BrandonFish
05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
pm sennnt
allways fun to get on some perch what were the sizes?

Trout 1
05-05-2010, 07:47 PM
quite a few lil dudes but there were a few fatties..... on sunday Jason got some HUGE ones tho......

Trout1

bsp
05-05-2010, 08:02 PM
You can get corbina now if you look in the bays. Fish ghost shrimp on 4lb or 6lb fluoro and wait for the killer run! I really like corbina fishing, but am not an expert on it like some guys on here, like JerryG. From my experience though, back to back, dime or nickel sized sand crabs on a 2-4ft 4lb fluoro leader, a size 6 octopus hook, and a 3/16 oz weight puts a hurt on the sliders.

Wide open perch bites are awesome to get into. The bigger units put up a surprisingly good fight on trout gear, and they'll hit Lucky Crafts too. Haven't fished just for perch in a while, maybe it's time to take the 10ft Kencor to the beach again. Anyway, it's great that you're getting into fishing the surf, and I'm looking forward to more reports from you guys in the future!

fishshep
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM

WHAT !!! ??? I don't see nuttin now with no pics !!!! HEEEEEE HEEEEE HEEEEE !!!!