PDA

View Full Version : isabella and kernville yesterday....hmmm

madwire3
05-04-2010, 10:45 AM
started at kernville for 30-40 minutes of some trout action,, used recommended hook size and still had issues with those lil guys getting hooked deep, they didnt wanna lose it to the others swarming around i guess, ended up with 4 about 11-12 inchers that bled so we kept em for a late breakfast,

off to the lake, hit a spot to cook up the fish and throw some bait out while we ate,, one hit on some trout guts then after i ate got one crappie off some rocks, did some bouncing around nothin then a small bass , then a bigggg bullfrog, true beast, caught many of these but this was a huge dude, bites where so slow then the wind picked up so i ran over to one of my fav spots and got 3 more crappie and then called it a day. wasnt a bad day 10 trout, 4 crappie, a bass, a frog, didnt get a cat but the bass made up for it, tomorrow hitting up a catfish spot "not at isabella" gotta break my no cat streak.

Fishin Magician
05-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Good thing you weren't at the lake today. 4 guys, 2 hours of fishing and nothing. No crappie. No trout. No bass. Had to come home and take out my frustration on a half dozen stocker trout. Wind was blowing hard by 10am. More wind tomorrow. Thursday and Friday are supposed to be beautiful. I think I'll take the boat out for the first time this season and head to rocky point. Should be as close to a sure thing as I can get.

madwire3
05-04-2010, 04:20 PM
we are taking a break from the lake for a few days, might hit b.v. tomorrow for some catfish, i HAVE to get this catfish NO CATCH thing over with, havent got a cat this year yet, just made some bait up, gonna take frozen shad and some other cut baits along with garlic worms, should get somethin, i hope so anyways

dalean08
05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah the water temp dropped to 51 from 64 so the bite has been off up here for sure

midgettosser1
05-05-2010, 02:02 PM
how was the water temp and flows on the upper kern?

heading up there this weekend for my bros camping/bachelor trip.

will be doing plenty of trout fishing, but the others may want to do some innertubing if the water isnt frigid and fast.