PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Parking lot of boats on the bouyline

Fishbones
05-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Myself "fishbones" and "webmaster" jeff headed to castaic for some fun with mr. stripey and his big brothers...lol We arrived to the lake and were greeted by beautiful weather and a empty lake.
We started our day off looking for new spots and trolling around a while with lots of water covered and plenty of fish metered we finally ended up at the bouyline. The bite was slow and kinda tough thru the day, we metered fish and saw fish caught but didnt really get into the action untill later in the day. we motored around for a bit and after some time we decided to head back to the bouyline were we found a parking lot of boats all "anchored"....tied off to the bouys.... there were lots of boats Private and rental boats. Fianlly after sometime a good spot opened up and we slid in for the afternoon bite to finish the day. Heres a few pics of the day.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0319.jpg
the water was clear and like glass
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0321.jpg
the famous bouyline
heres a few action shots...
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0325.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0326.jpg
this was his first ever striper.....
Next was me with the ultra ultra light tackle....man i thought the rod was gonna snap....
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0327.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0330.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0331.jpg
nice healthy schoolie..
and the last one.....this ones for Gary, he said he was fearing that mr stripey would
eat our kiddie poles and spit them back at us so we brought the kiddie poles big brother...lol
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0323.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0324.jpg
till next time tight lines, Fishbones

trail blazer
05-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Great looking water out there,,,,,,CALM,,,nice.

That last pic,,,,BENDO!!!!!!LOL

GOOD JOB!

Eat Sleep Fish
05-04-2010, 05:25 AM
nicely done out there. pretty crowded for a monday. good to see you got into a few fish. good job. im about to head out there now (5:20 am). im thinking first bendo by 7:30....maybe?!?!?! we'll see. report coming when i get back. either tonite or tomorrow. good job again!

-ESF

Prowler_Tuber
05-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Damn nice, I really need to get out there I'm sure they still have rentals. Great job!

CAPT'N
05-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Flat calm =slow pickings

Nice day on the water though.

Capt'n

stphnman20
05-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Good stuff..

I still need to catch my first stripey!

fisherman from long beach
05-04-2010, 07:21 AM
that weather looks nice,looked like glass out there.when you gonna introduce me to mr stripeeee.i have the kiddie pole also,my daughters princess pole.lets roll out.good job alex,keep it up

TroutOnly
05-04-2010, 08:03 AM
WHAT WAS JEFF DOING WITH THAT BIGASS ROD AND REEL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,my turn tommorow,,,,,,,,,,,

MIKE Q
05-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Nice job out there Fishbones and cool pics. Everywhere you go you continue to tear it up.:Envious: Where you headed next bro, so I can follow your boat and cast in the same spot.:LOL:

Fishthewhaler
05-04-2010, 08:51 AM
i have never fished for stripers with a 6/0 penn, but what the heck, if it works..winch em in! nice going...

E.A.R.G.
05-04-2010, 09:06 AM
yo alex!
fun stuff man. I wish I can fish even 1/2 the amount you do

administrator!!! GOOD STUFF!!!

fishinone
05-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Congrats, I'm glad you got out and beat the skunk.

I've been meaning to break out the rock fish gear when I meter striper down at rock fish depths.

fisherman from long beach
05-04-2010, 03:46 PM
yo alex!

i agree,but probably would be gettin a divorce,in a month.lol

lalo56
05-04-2010, 04:01 PM
WHAT WAS JEFF DOING WITH THAT BIGASS ROD AND REEL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,my turn tommorow,,,,,,,,,,,

OH YAH! Hoping the big boys show!

Fishbones
05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Great looking water out there,,,,,,CALM,,,nice.
That last pic,,,,BENDO!!!!!!LOL.. GOOD JOB!

thanks T,B.......gotta love bendo!!!

nicely done out there. pretty crowded for a monday. good to see you got into a few fish. good job. im about to head out there now (5:20 am). im thinking first bendo by 7:30....maybe?!?!?! we'll see. report coming when i get back. either tonite or tomorrow. good job again!-ESF

it was the most crowded ive seen it ever!! hoping to see a good report when you get home.

Damn nice, I really need to get out there I'm sure they still have rentals. Great job!

yeah bro, its awesome....what are you waiting for? go slay some stripers...

Flat calm =slow pickings
Nice day on the water though.
Capt'n

thanks scott, now you tell me....j/k..better than a day at work....for sure..

Good stuff..
I still need to catch my first stripey!

got to the lake rent a boat go to the bouyline and fish a piece of sardine and bendo you caught a striper...its that easy

that weather looks nice,looked like glass out there.when you gonna introduce me to mr stripeeee.i have the kiddie pole also,my daughters princess pole.lets roll out.good job alex,keep it up

thanks johnny. whenever bro....lets take the monarch out for a striper slay....

it all because gary said my striper would destroy our kiddie poles, so....we brought a monster mini kiddie pole...hahahahah

Nice job out there Fishbones and cool pics. Everywhere you go you continue to tear it up.:Envious: Where you headed next bro, so I can follow your boat and cast in the same spot.:LOL:

Thanks MIKE Q, not sure where next but i will let you know.......

i have never fished for stripers with a 6/0 penn, but what the heck, if it works..winch em in! nice going...

LOL...its a whole different ball game.....unlike getting your butt kicked on a barbie rod...lol

it was more of a joke than anything else....hahahahahaha just whinch them in.....not the big ones...

yo alex!

thanks Eric, you can after you finish school and retire...

Congrats, I'm glad you got out and beat the skunk.
I've been meaning to break out the rock fish gear when I meter striper down at rock fish depths.

Thanks Ron, it was a close skunk race to the clock, yeah the rockfish.....

i mean stripers..... were down on the bottom....everyother time i fished them they were on top...

i agree,but probably would be gettin a divorce,in a month.lol

Hahahahahahahaha......hang in there johnny.........so when we going fishing.....lol

lalo56
05-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Nice Fishbones... Read on WON that the big ones are biting after the stocking. I will be there tomorrow on T/O's vessel.

kpn
05-04-2010, 09:08 PM
You guys are the fishing machine. Good stuff

KPN.

Fishbones
05-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Nice Fishbones... Read on WON that the big ones are biting after the stocking. I will be there tomorrow on T/O's vessel.

thanks lalo, good luck and take lots of pics for the report.

You guys are the fishing machine. Good stuff

KPN.

thank you!...lol

DodgersFan
05-04-2010, 10:11 PM
thats funny thats my buddy and i in the third boat in the line of boats. you can see my red shirt. we were the boat not catching anything while everyone around us had fairly steady pickings. we even had the fresh stuff from gallions

GeordyBass
05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Nice Job Guys! That last pic was just funny!!!! lol

Kill em fishbones!

Fishbones
05-04-2010, 10:34 PM
thats funny thats my buddy and i in the third boat in the line of boats. you can see my red shirt. we were the boat not catching anything while everyone around us had fairly steady pickings. we even had the fresh stuff from gallions

Really, cool...to bad you guys didnt hook up....next time for sure...the bite was either flyline or 10ft off the bottom....

Nice Job Guys! That last pic was just funny!!!! lol

Kill em fishbones!

thanks Geordy, gotta love the mini stand up pole....lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Congrats on the catches, way ta roll guys.

Kee’l ‘em all !

As for the parking lot, that’s relative to posting up pics with the buoy line in the back, it’s gonna’ get mega worse.

Basically your marking a giant X, it get’s packed pretty regularly already so the photos with the bouyline in it just compound that.

Nice slayage guys, glad you got them mutha’s !

Saweet !
Gary

Fishbones
05-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Congrats on the catches, way ta roll guys.

Kee’l ‘em all !

As for the parking lot, that’s relative to posting up pics with the buoy line in the back, it’s gonna’ get mega worse.

Basically your marking a giant X, it get’s packed pretty regularly already so the photos with the bouyline in it just compound that.

Nice slayage guys, glad you got them mutha’s !

Saweet !
Gary

What!!! no comment on the mega mini kiddie pole...that was for you gary

...wow...musta been distracted by the photos....