PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010 Yankees Thread

The Angler
05-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Well after lookig thorugh pages of old threads i couldnt find the old Official unofficial yankees hate thread fro last season so deceided to make a new one for this season. So yea let the yankee hate post roll HATERS....

GO YANKS:Twisted:

The Angler
05-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Well after 38 games into the season the Yanks sit in close second, I havent had time to come and update after every grand slam or walk off hoerun victory so far but well get this thread going non the less. LETS GO YANKS!!!

troutdog
06-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Figured I'd be really nice and be the first one besides yourself to reply to the "official" yankee thread, the one I started for you last season seemed to have a little more traction. Want me to start another one for ya? :LOL:

Go Rays....

TD

DarkShadow
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Here's some Yankees news:

Today is the much anticipated debut for Stephen Strasburg for the Washington Nationals.

He should provide a much needed lift to the team, that is of course, until the Yankees sign him in a few years.

That is all.

The Angler
06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Here's some Yankees news:

Today is the much anticipated debut for Stephen Strasburg for the Washington Nationals.

He should provide a much needed lift to the team, that is of course, until the Yankees sign him in a few years.

That is all.
LMAO... I cant disagre with you there. The kid had a great first game today didnt he?

DarkShadow
07-13-2010, 08:47 AM
RIP - George Steinbrenner

He is probably telling Jesus to get a hair cut already. And firing Billy Martin again.

IslandBoi
07-13-2010, 09:26 AM
RIP - George "The Boss" Steinbrenner

The Angler
07-15-2010, 11:29 AM
RIP - George Steinbrenner

He is probably telling Jesus to get a hair cut already. And firing Billy Martin again.

Lmao good one. RIP George hopefully the yanks dont go to **** like thy were in the 70's

The Angler
07-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Opps I mean the 60's

DarkShadow
07-15-2010, 01:19 PM
hopefully the yanks dont go to **** like thy were in the 70's

All Hank and Hal need to do is watch what Frank McCourt does.

(And do the complete opposite)

BassEngineer
07-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Look at my logo...'nuff said!

DarkShadow
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Look at my logo...'nuff said!

Nuff said about what? Im confused.

troutdog
08-05-2010, 12:43 PM
August 4, 2010

"Congratulations Alex on hitting your 600th home run today, welcome to the club. Stay healthy and focused, you only have 163 to go. I'll be watching and rooting for you along the way. Good Luck."

Barry Bonds

"well now isn't that special" - (ala the Church Lady) :LOL:

TD

cutbait
08-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Yuck the fankees!

DarkShadow
08-05-2010, 12:54 PM
600 is such an arbitrary number to have ESPN cutting in on every at bat. Last time I checked, he's the 7th player to hit 599, and he'll be the 7th player to hit 601.

Call me when he passes someone on the list, will ya?

The Angler
08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Well theres hasnt been much smack talk on the thread as last years. But I guess no one can talk smack about the defending Champions and soon to be back to back champions.

DarkShadow
08-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Well theres hasnt been much smack talk on the thread as last years. But I guess no one can talk smack about the defending Champions and soon to be back to back champions.

I thought the Yanks would have already clinched the East, with that lineup.

Apparently the lowly and pesky Rays are buzzing around, eh?

(That's all I got. I've saved all the smack talk for my own team)

The Angler
08-27-2010, 08:20 PM
OMG what is up with the Yanks????

DarkShadow
10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
OMG what is up with the Yanks????

1. Sketchy pitching staff.
2. Can't hit good pitching, apparently.

What's up with the stadium emptying in top of the 9th tonight after a game 3 shellacking? I thought this was Yankee Stadium, not Dodger Stadium.

troutdog
10-19-2010, 06:07 AM
2 balls hit out of the infield in game 3 for the yanks, I'd say Cliff Lee was "dialed in" :EyePop:

TD

The Angler
10-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Lets go Yankees if anyone can pull it off its you guys lets do this!!

DarkShadow
10-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Lets go Yankees if anyone can pull it off its you guys lets do this!!

You jinxed 'em.

Don't worry, it's rebuilding time, and the checkbook will open yet again.

You'll land Cliff Lee and Joe Mauer. Posada's gettin' old...you need a new catcher. And after the pitching debacle of 2010, you'll be wanting a big time starter like Lee.

You'll also re-sign the over-rated Jeter, since he is the face of the organization. Who knows, maybe you'll even get Jayson Werth, as he's also a free agent in 2011. (The Dodgers had him once...he sat on the bench, tho). It'll be hard for Swish to lose his spot in right....he had an amazing year. Maybe Werth can play learn to play left, shave his beard, and you can get rid of Gardner.

If Mariano retires, you'll probably get Huston Street, the 2nd best closer on the market. (The first being Mariano, obviously). I don't see any a$shat in your current pen that I would trust to save a game.

You may also make a run at Brandon Webb, and maybe even a Joe Blanton since you'll be wanting to get some depth in your pitching staff. Ted Lilly is available after the Dodger rental. He's kinda old...but he did have an impressive run for the Blue Crew this year, maybe garnering enough attention to open the Steinbrenner Family checkbook.

I know I'd rather have Lilly out there than some of the hacks that were part of the rotation for the Pinstripes this year.

Good luck in 2011. Hope A-Rod fails a drug test.

The Angler
10-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Yea I blame the crappy bullpen It was sketchy last season With jabba starting and knew we needed improve bad and this year they did nothing to make the bullpen better. Hopefully we get some solid starters next year or wel see the same results.