PDA

View Full Version : Where to panfish with my daughter today locally and from shore...

want2fishmore
05-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Hello all,

I've been lurking for awhile and finally registered. Thanks goes out to this board and to the great community that makes it happen. I don't fish very often but would like to start doing so.

I have my daughter this weekend and would like to take her out for a couple of hours with nonstop action of bluegill, crappie, and possibly some of the other panfish species. A catfish or two wouldn't hurt either. I just want to hook her into some consistent panfish as she likes to catch the "cute little fish". As it would be only for a few hours, somewhere locally and preferably free would be great without a lot of pressure. I already have mealworms and some nightcrawlers in the fridge from us fishing at Corona about 3 weeks ago. We caught 3 trout that looked like to be around 1.5lbs/each. Those were caught on green power worms with a green power egg near the damn. Briefly spoke to a float tuber who is known as Prowler Tuber as he was heading in.

I would like to head out soon, so immediate suggestions would be tremendously appreciated. I'm staying in Upland right now that is near Rancho Cucamonga. I'll write an intro of myself later on.

Billy Bass
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the board. when my girls were little, I'd take them to lake hemet. They'd catch bluegill and pumpkinseeds by the hundreds.
All from shore. Another place we just found is a RV resort called Indian Oaks by Tememcula. There are tons of bluegills, and they are majorly stupid there. It's all catch and release there. This place is on the internet
:Secret::Secret:

Natural Lefty
05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Wanttofishmore, you could try:

Lake Gregory for free, in the coming weeks for Crappie on jigs, and possibly Bluegill or Pumpkinseeds or

Lake Perris ($10 parking fee if no permit) where you should be able to catch lots of small Bluegills at least, on many types of baits of lures, with lots of bigger possibilities or

Hemet Lake in the coming weeks, where parking is not free, either ($8 fee on the east end, and $5 adventure pass to the west, where we have better fishing anyway. It has lots of Bluegill, Pumpkinseeds, Green Sunfish, Trout, Bullhead Catfish, Channel Cats, Largemouth Bass, and Carp. Sometimes there are lots of good size Bluegills biting, and lots of fish bite on either worms or artificials when they are biting.