PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris 'tubing

fishmounter
04-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I fished LP today from my float tube. Started out around 8:00am at parking lot 11/12, putting in at the launch ramp and headed to the end of the lake where the tules are. Fished all along the way for sunfish and made a few casts for bass but didn't catch anything. Got all the way to the tules but it was so shallow, that I didn't stay there. Kicked back to the rocky point and there I caught a nice 17 inch bass on my Bluegill rod and several Redears and 'Gills on jigs. Met "Flying", the Perris regular guy in green with the flyrod, (very nice to finally meet you bro) and we kicked around and fished a while together. One bonus of the day was watching the four T-38s flying in formation right above the lake and doing aeriobatic manouvers while practicing for the big air show at the March AF Base this weekend. Also saw the $180 million F-22 fighter fly by the lake. Awesome plane. Other than a little breezy, it was a beautiful day.

bassgrabber1
05-01-2010, 05:42 AM
Sounds like you had a decent day out there Fishmounter. I'll be there this morning from about 7 till 11. Anyone else going? I'll be at launch 11/12 .

chuxder
05-01-2010, 09:36 AM
I fished LP today from my float tube. Started out around 8:00am at parking lot 11/12, putting in at the launch ramp and headed to the end of the lake where the tules are. Fished all along the way for sunfish and made a few casts for bass but didn't catch anything. Got all the way to the tules but it was so shallow, that I didn't stay there. Kicked back to the rocky point and there I caught a nice 17 inch bass on my Bluegill rod and several Redears and 'Gills on jigs. Met "Flying", the Perris regular guy in green with the flyrod, (very nice to finally meet you bro) and we kicked around and fished a while together. One bonus of the day was watching the four T-38s flying in formation right above the lake and doing aeriobatic manouvers while practicing for the big air show at the March AF Base this weekend. Also saw the $180 million F-22 fighter fly by the lake. Awesome plane. Other than a little breezy, it was a beautiful day.

How's the water level for boat launching?

Natural Lefty
05-01-2010, 04:03 PM
fishmounter, I am glad you had good fishing. I was at Perris yesterday, too (see report), and caught lots of small Bluegill (most on flies, so I was happy) plus one good size Trout. I guess it was calmer in the morning. The wind was really whipping in the afternoon when I was there, and the bigger ones weren't biting.

Chuxder, I think people are launching private boats from the middle launch ramp. In case you are interested in fishing for Crappie at Perris, there is a good population there, and they reach good size (lots of minnows to eat), but they can be difficult to locate. People seem to be finding some better size Bluegill and Redear from boats, along with the hordes of small Bluegill.

Natural Lefty
05-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Those are some big Crappie, Chuxder. I hope you saved some for me.