PDA

View Full Version : Goin bass crazy at the local pond!!!

captain skunked again
04-30-2010, 09:09 PM
went out to the local pond today. we got there around 8 am and started with crankbaits and spinners. did that for about a half hour with no love. We than switched to the coveted drop shot. within 10 minutes BENDOOOOO!!!! lol reeled one in. than 5 minutes later my buddy and i got a same time bendo and landed both of them... I got hit so many times today it was unbelievable. I missed so many just cuz i was distracted by how much fun we were havin and watchin my buddy get hit. i hooked up with 8 bass that spit out my hook when they breached but even that didn bother me cuz it was just such a great time watchin them do that. I did land 6 fish today so that definetly beats the skunk lol my buddy also caught 6 of his own. we were havin so much fun that we left had lunch than came back for another 4 hours. unfortunately it is my anneversary today so we had to leave right at about 4:30 when the bite was startin to turn on again. got some pics will definetly be goin back soon

fisherman from long beach
04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
sound's like fun.great report and pics thanks for sharing

smokinflies
04-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Nice catches.

oscarsx
05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I'll trade you secret 4 secret spot location ;)

captain skunked again
05-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I'll trade you secret 4 secret spot location ;)

depends on where you live and how close it is to me...lol but its a guarantee no fishin pressure at my spot lol they have never even seen a crankbait thats why they didn go for it lol but it was so much fun the males were all over the place 3 feet from shore with a giant school of baby bass!!!!

oscarsx
05-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Same here man, the spot i go to has no fishing pressure at all. Besides some locals but that's about it..

ILL PM U!

ezcompany
05-03-2010, 10:03 AM
man gotta love these local bass reports. good job man! keep them coming!

captain skunked again
05-04-2010, 10:56 AM
lol i went back on sunday morning and had another awesome half day!!! caught myself another 3 more bass and picked up a crappie... than those darn security patrolls decided to kick me out lol but it wasworth it. :) thanks to all your replies i love fishin and puttin people onto fish, actually when i went back last sunday i took my girlfriends brother with me and put him onto his first bass all he has ever caught is trout. but now that he has gotten a tasted of how fun it is pullin those bass in thats all he wants to do. (lol which isn a bad thing at all)