PDA

View Full Version : Is Paradise Valley Reservoir surrounded by big boulders?

fishtales
04-30-2010, 03:03 PM
I hope I have the name right :) (Eastern Sierra's reservior off 395 on the way to Crowley)

I have never seen the reservior but have conflicting reports from 2 friends that have been there. One claims there is an area that you do not have to be a mountain goat to reach and the other says it helps to be a mountain goat :)

I would rather not have to take a long hike in or to climb up and down big rocks or boulders. Can anyone clarify this for me? Any photos of the reservior??

Thanks,

FT

TroutSlayer365
04-30-2010, 03:34 PM
I think your talking about Pleasant Valley Reservoir. Its a little bit of a climb up to the dam area then its a flat road along the rt side. i have not been all the way back 4 miles or so but the rocks along the side can be a little tricky but are not a problem getting down. I recommend packing light so you can walk further. Maybe bring a mountain bike or something. Great fishing also worth the trek in my book and i'm a big guy. Have fun hope this helps. Cheers

Trout-Slayer77
04-30-2010, 05:48 PM
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/13497194.jpg

fishtales
04-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks, Troutslayer. Yes, it is Pleasant Valley. Nice brown!

FT

EMarty
05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
If you park at the south end (Nearest Bishop) you'll need to walk up the road to the top of the dam. The shore will be covered with boulder, some of which may be loose... so walk carefully. However, you can park at the other end by the Power Plant and then follow the road to the lake (this road runs the entire lenght of the lake). There are areas were the stream first meets the lake that is not covered with boulders, but this area can be very muddy (slippery). The best access for those without hooves is by the boat ramp (not for public use). To get there you would be closer to park by the power plant and walk the road maybe 3/4 or 1 mile... I would say about 15 min (fast pace) or 25 min (slow pace). Once at the ramp area there is some flat easy bank space to the right of the ramp or just fish from the ramp itself. This is where the stocking take place and thus a very productive area as well. The road makes for pretty easy access, many fishermen ride bikes or pull a little wagon loaded with coolers and chairs....

Good Luck.

fishtales
05-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks, EMarty! Helpful information.

FT