PDA

View Full Version : Her first time.

fisherman from long beach
04-29-2010, 08:35 PM
let me start out that this is my wifes first ever trip out on the monark with me.she is not into fishing she did this for me.since this is her first time.i never mentioned seasick.i feed her b4 we launched ,and then i had her drive the boat out of the marina,just to keep her mind busy.i set her rod up with the ghosties and made the first cast.the time i make my first cast i hear BABE i got something. http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/speedynsl/johnnysfishingpictures063-1.jpg.she pulls in a nice sized opal eye.we celebrate.:Surprised: then i put another ghostie on and cast out and then i (try) to fish.then i hear Babe i got another one.she pulls in another one but a nice sized buttermouth perch.:Surprised:this goes on all day.she out fished me 10 to 3.she ended up catching 1 nice calico ,and nice sized sheephead,and a bunch of perch.http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/speedynsl/johnnysfishingpictures064-1.jpgshe had me going crazy i couldnt even fish how i wanted to.but thats ok she seemed to really enjoy herself.i couldnt take all the pics,i wanted to fish too.so thanks for reading.f.f.lb

bowler
04-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Nice to get your wife out. The first time i took out my wife i took her to fish for trout. She had her limit before i had three trout.

El Capo
04-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Teach her how to rig up her self and tie her own knots. Use a piece of rope to show her. It makes it easier to understand. Then, and only then, will you be able to fish. And teach her to throw lures, that keeps them busy.

BrandonFish
04-29-2010, 10:39 PM
ahhh you have a new slayer :Rolls Eyes: let it begain! "i try to fish" :LOL:

DockRat
04-30-2010, 06:40 AM
10 to 3 Yikes. All the reason why it's better to leave them at home and stick with the boys club.:Beer Toast:

I thought those Opaleye were Vegans ?

Nice Job Mrs. Fisherman from LB. :UDaMan:
DR

04-30-2010, 07:13 AM
10 to 3 Yikes. All the reason why it's better to leave them at home and stick with the boys club.:Beer Toast:

DR

believe it or not opaleye go crazy for ghost shrimp.

Newfishsmell
04-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Good job getting your wife on some fish . Now you could get yourself , opps I mean your wife , fishing gear for Christmas ... lol .
Lookout , next shes gonna need her own custom rods .
Good report FFLB ....

lngbchfnhnter
04-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Nice job on getting her mind busy.
Now when you say your going fishing she'll be waiting by the door with her gear! Lol
Nice work you two!

Fishbones
04-30-2010, 10:42 AM
great job converting the wife to a fishing buddy....nice job johnny....

Jaysuuun
04-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Good job getting your wife on some fish . Now you could get yourself , opps I mean your wife , fishing gear for Christmas ... lol .
Lookout , next shes gonna need her own custom rods .
Good report FFLB ....

I agree, it will only be a matter of time before she wants her own "girlie gear". :LOL:

Nice job getting your wife on a hot bite. The fish candy (ghosties) always gets them. :Cool:

A few more trips out there and she'll be hooked. :Fishing Catch:

murrieta angler
04-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Very nice getting the misses out there Johnny.
If she's like mine, she will still not want to go that much, she will much rather get her nails done or go shopping...lol
Nice report and pics,
Robert

04-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Very nice getting the misses out there Johnny.
If she's like mine, she will still not want to go that much, she will much rather get her nails done or go shopping...lol
Nice report and pics,
Robert

oh no ? about that .her and my daughters.

BIG0FISH
04-30-2010, 05:50 PM
LOL JOHNNY, thats very similar to what i did on my wifes first boat trip. she didnt get seasick but the kids were pretty much half dead in the boat. now they are ok with it.
i would recommend taking her out on nice weather only for few more times then she will be ok.
i work like a slave when we go out fishing together. i launch the boat, take the trailer back to parking lot, anchor down/up (sometimes 300ft down), bait all the rods, set the hook on a bite and say HERE YA GO, then when we come back home i wash the boat and clean the fish and help with the cooking. not ez being a dad/husband.

04-30-2010, 07:14 PM
LOL JOHNNY, thats very similar to what i did on my wifes first boat trip. she didnt get seasick but the kids were pretty much half dead in the boat. now they are ok with it.
i would recommend taking her out on nice weather only for few more times then she will be ok.
i work like a slave when we go out fishing together. i launch the boat, take the trailer back to parking lot, anchor down/up (sometimes 300ft down), bait all the rods, set the hook on a bite and say HERE YA GO, then when we come back home i wash the boat and clean the fish and help with the cooking. not ez being a dad/husband.
i got her to atleast park the trailer.and i had her set the hook.lol.

Wingnut
05-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Good and bad...
Good: You probably get to fish more because she will be going with you. :Big Grin:
Bad: There goes your time alone or out fishing with da boyz. :LOL:
Glad she didn't get seasick. :Cool:

05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Good and bad...
Good: You probably get to fish more because she will be going with you. :Big Grin:
Bad: There goes your time alone or out fishing with da boyz. :LOL:
Glad she didn't get seasick. :Cool:

i hear ya wingnut.she still more into shopping,when im out fishing,thats her time alone ......tooo spend $$$

BrandonFish
05-03-2010, 05:21 PM

DR

ive hit the opaleye on night crawlers muscle squid and silver fish the little bugs that crawl on rocks

troutdog
05-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a great day on the water with the Mrs, maybe next time you'll outfish her! :Wink:

TD

05-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a great day on the water with the Mrs, maybe next time you'll outfish her! :Wink:

TD

maybe,i need to teach her to bait her own hook.but when she is with me and out fishes me,no prob at all.as long as she is having A GOOD TIME.then she knows why i want to fish all the time.lol.too much fun

Granny Fish
05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Have to respect a man who teaches his non fishing wife to catch fish. You didn't get to fish much this time, but what the heck, you've caught lots of fish and this was her first time. I'm sure she enjoyed the time spent sharing something you like to do with her and like wise for you. Fishing is a hobby my husband and I have enjoyed together for 30 years together, but we also enjoy fishing without each other sometimes. Kudos to you Fisherman in LB!

05-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Have to respect a man who teaches his non fishing wife to catch fish. You didn't get to fish much this time, but what the heck, you've caught lots of fish and this was her first time. I'm sure she enjoyed the time spent sharing something you like to do with her and like wise for you. Fishing is a hobby my husband and I have enjoyed together for 30 years together, but we also enjoy fishing without each other sometimes. Kudos to you Fisherman in LB!

thank you G F..yes we enjoyed the time together.no kids .she had mine,and i had her full ATTENTION!