PDA

View Full Version : Redondo Pier skunked last night

silversx
07-16-2007, 12:05 PM
this is my first time really posting here.. anyways last night me and a friend went to redondo around 9 and it was PACKED. must have been about 50+ people setup on every spot.. we finally get in and setup.. my friend uses 2 drop shot rigs with like 5 hooks on each.. we tried squid.. nada for 2 hours

this is my first time pier fishing.. i usually do lakes.. so i setup 2 poles using my normal method.. swivel with small weight above and a foot long leader with bait hook.

a ton of people around us was catching these 6-8 inch mackrels using mackrel.. so we go buy a mackrel.. cast it out.. basically nothing until 1:30am so we left...

are there any piers that aren't so packed full of people trying to catch breakfast, lunch and dinner for a month? or maybe it was sunday.

any advice would be appreciated, since we both feel like we're doing something wrong.. since everyone around us was catching something:cry:

Matador1238
07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Try using a bubble. Fish might be close to surface. Try sabiki tip with squid also.

silversx
07-16-2007, 03:45 PM
i saw a lot of people using glow sticks right above their swivel.. does that help the rig float a bit? and attract fish at the same time?

if i was a fish.. i'd be dead before i even come close to the pier.. its like a wall of lines and bait buffet :D

bsp
07-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Sabiki rigs with the smallest hooks you can find work well, and the glow sticks attract the fish. You do not need a casting bubble, just reel up until you are close to the surface. Also try Hermosa pier if you want someting a little less crowded.

dabiged
07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
i use Sabiki rigs with strips of shrimp to catch macs there, but you're right RB pier is usually always packed. Try hermosa or manhattan beach pier, but bring your bait cuz they don't have a bait shop on the pier.