PDA

View Full Version : Late Report - Casitas 4/24/10 - 6th time's the charm?

McFingers
04-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Nope.

Skunked again. Starting to get pissed off.

Fished the Marina from 7:30 till 11. Saw over 20 bass, between fingerling size to 5+ lbs.

Threw everything at them again. Swimbait, Drop shot 4" and 6" robos in margarita and oxblood, drop shot the fluke too. Texas rigged baby brush hog in watermelon brown with black flake. Rattle trap. All nothing.

Only things that came close were a weedless and weightless rigged super fluke in rainbow shad, and a shallow diving jerk bait in shad pattern, 4". They came up on it like a steamroller, only to dart awya at the last second. Maybe it's because they saw me, or maybe I'm just unlucky.

I think I am going to give this lake ONE last try before I give up on it for a while and move to the GOON; or head back to my roots and fish saltwater again.

ARRRGHHH!! DAMN YOU CASITAS!! (Waves fist in air)...

marzocchi
04-29-2010, 08:19 AM
You will get them next time.

McFingers
04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah. I wont be denied again, if I gotta resort to using live crawlers lol. Its just not as fun with live bait.

Fishbones
04-29-2010, 07:18 PM
hang in there bro.....Never Give Up McFingers....you were killing it for a while and now

your paying your dues....just how it goes, but it will turn around and you will be slaying again!

GREENSTINKYFEET
04-29-2010, 08:59 PM
The shad are starting to show. If you dont have a shad net sometimes the first thing it the morning guys get shad around the docks and will give you some. Get a 5 gal. Bucket and an aerator. Dont put too many shad in or they will die. Maybe 20 pieces in a five gallon. Nose hook and fly line on points, drift weed lines etc. I have found it difficult to catch with artificials once the shad goes wide open. It is possible to epic days on the shad. Marco

exfactor
04-29-2010, 09:04 PM
or the 10" worm. They like big baits there too.

McFingers
04-30-2010, 12:58 PM
The shad are starting to show. If you dont have a shad net sometimes the first thing it the morning guys get shad around the docks and will give you some. Get a 5 gal. Bucket and an aerator. Dont put too many shad in or they will die. Maybe 20 pieces in a five gallon. Nose hook and fly line on points, drift weed lines etc. I have found it difficult to catch with artificials once the shad goes wide open. It is possible to epic days on the shad. Marco

I might get a friggin sabiki rig and see what happens if I cast into that pile of shad I see everytime I go.

But...i REALLY, REALLY, REALLY dont feel like carrying a bucket around. I will use shad only if I rent a boat.

Rabbito
04-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Do you use 4 lbn test? If not you should especially when the fish have lock jaw