PDA

View Full Version : Santa Clara BANS Happy Meals

GeordyBass
04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
Yup you read it right, Santa Clara bans Happy Meals... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/business-15749628/where-happy-meals-are-illegal-19362009

AngryAgent
04-29-2010, 02:23 AM
What happened to a free country? This place is getting more pathetic by the second. There are many relevant issues that they could be spending their time and our money as tax payers addressing instead of something so insignificant as this. Myself being a parent I am not very keen on anyone telling me what I can and can't feed my children or how to raise them. What in the world is next..

JSAUCE818
04-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Awww..poor geordy.

DockRat
04-29-2010, 06:51 AM
No Toy for you Geordy :Angry:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/xwakemeupx/fat.jpg

DR

DarkShadow
04-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Banning toys from Happy Meals is supposed to do what? Suddenly get kids to eat right?

Last time I checked, 8 year olds don't have debit cards and automobiles and drive themselves to McDonalds to buy Happy Meals and learn bad eating habits by themselves.

Santa Clara should ban parents who actually think the drive thru is a suitable alternative to your kitchen.

troutdog
04-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Banning toys from Happy Meals is supposed to do what? Suddenly get kids to eat right?

Last time I checked, 8 year olds don't have debit cards and automobiles and drive themselves to McDonalds to buy Happy Meals and learn bad eating habits by themselves.

Santa Clara should ban parents who actually think the drive thru is a suitable alternative to your kitchen.

EXACTLY...this is so flippin stupid, so of course it passed! What is this world coming to?

TD

City Dad
04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
It sounds to me that the toys are being banned... which makes a lot of sense because the only reason my kids want a hamburger and fries instead or broccoli and brown rice is because there's cheap plastic trinket included...;)

I think that if any parent is serious about curbing their crotch fruits' craving for hamburgers and fries they should insist that the Little Ones must consume six happy meals each time he or she sets foot in a McDonalds - no leaving the table until the very last sesame seed is gone - and see how long it is before they have their spawn crying at the sight of the golden arches.

murrieta angler
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Unreal!!!!!
It's a parents choice, not the governments.
I wonder who will call the police when some kid gets his toy?!?

DarkShadow
04-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Unreal!!!!!
It's a parents choice, not the governments.

It's too bad it'll be the government's requirement to pay for the kid's 3rd triple bypass surgery when they're 45 years old using tax payer money (Go Medicare!!) because they never grew up learning that french fries are not "vegetables" and that grape soda is not in the "fruit" group.

If you can guarantee that in 30 years when this kid's cholesterol is through the roof or they're diabetic, they'll use their own money for health care expenditures, then I agree, their parents can feed them anything they like.

How about this one? You ever go to the market and see a family shopping with EBT (aka, Food Stamps) and their cart is loaded with Cheetos, sodas, chips, candy and microwave pizza? Does it feel good knowing that they are essentially using your hard earned money to buy garbage for their kids to eat, because microwaving a Hot Pocket is easier than actually cooking food?

Would you be against the government telling these folk that they need to buy "healthy food" if they are on government assistance because in essence, its not their money they're using to buy the food in the first place?

Sue
04-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Absolutely bloody ridiculous! It's the parents that pander to the child's demands for burgers and fries. When I was growing up, McDonalds was a treat maybe once every couple of months.

How about the parents start parenting and teaching their kids healthy eating, instead of being too lazy to cook?

GeordyBass
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Awww..poor geordy.
Wow I was laughing soooooo much! Your so hilarious! OMG! Damn All of the sarcastic comments are SUPER FUNNY! I almost pee'd myself! Wow Jesse! You are such a funny guy! OMG! It's always the highlight of the day reading the only comment you post every 2 months on either something against me or just to make fun of me! Wowserssss! Salsita! You have me rollin! OMG You are such a GENIUS! Omg! A GENIUS!!!!! Nobel Prize for this guy FNN'ers.... NOBEL PRIZE!

calico killer kevin
04-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Geordy, wet a line...
You're spamming the boards lol....