PDA

View Full Version : Sculpin Ground GPS coordinate

mybada
04-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Just bought a new boat and wanna stack up some sculpins for fish tacos.
anyone mind sharing info?
Thanks.

cjmedina
04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
where are you launching from?

BIG0FISH
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
im launching from MDR. lol sorry mybada i wanna stack up on some spines too and i dont know any spots.
not for tacos but some really spicy maewoontang.

troutdog
04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Don't know the gps #s, but that spot in front of Redondo should be easy to find with a nautical map...I believe it is referred to as the "Short Banks". Good luck and enjoy your new boat!

TD

DockRat
04-29-2010, 06:29 AM
You have some man made reefs up there that will hold them. Red Drum, Big Dum Vince, could tell you some spots. I always get them and release em in hoop nets on LA/LB Breakwall.

im launching from MDR. lol sorry mybada i wanna stack up on some spines too and i dont know any spots.
not for tacos but some really spicy maewoontang.

Spicy Maewoontang ???

Short Korean Lesson: *^^*
JoGi (조기) = Yellow Croaker
MaeWoon (매운) = Spicy

Main Ingredients:
3 Yellow Croaker Fish
2 Cups Korean Radish (10 oz)
½ Onion
2 Green Onions
1 Hot Pepper (Optional)
Broth Ingredients:
4 Cups Water
1 Dried Anchovy Pack (6 Dried Anchovies)
5 Pieces Kelp (1x 2 inch)

Seasoning Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Soup Soy Sauce
1½ Tbsp Hot Pepper Oil
1 Tbsp Red Pepper Powder
1 Tbsp Cooking Wine
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
¼ tsp Minced Ginger

Yield: 2-3 Servings

To make a broth, start with 4 cups of water, and then add 1 dried anchovy pack and 5 pieces of kelp. Boil it on medium-high for 5 minutes.

After rinsing 3 yellow croakers one time, cut the tail and fins with scissors.

5 minutes later, remove the kelp from the broth, and boil for 5 more minutes.

Meanwhile prepare vegetables. Peel off the radish skin and remove the bad parts. Cut it into 1 x 2 x ½ inch pieces.

Slice ½ of an onion into ½ inch pieces.

Cut 2 green onions into ½ inch pieces.

Cut 1 hot pepper into ½ inch pieces. The pepper is optional.

After the boiling is finished, remove the anchovy pack also.

Add all of the ingredients for the seasoning to the broth. 2 Tbsp of soup soy sauce, 1½ Tbsp of hot pepper oil, 1 Tbsp of red pepper powder, 1 Tbsp of cooking wine, 1 Tbsp of minced garlic, and ¼ tsp of minced. ginger

Then add the radish and cook for several minutes with lid on it until it starts to boil again.

Add the fish and onions.

Cover the lid and cook for about 10 minutes on high. In this step, if you like spicy food, add 1 Tbsp of red pepper powder. You can also adjust the saltiness if you want.

About 10 minutes later, add the chopped green onions and hot peppers in the soup. Cook 2 more minutes on high and then turn off the heat. Be careful because it is easy to get too much pepper added into the soup.
@,@ This makes me hungry. hehe ~~~

http://aeriskitchen.com/2010/03/korean-spicy-yellow-croaker-soup-%EC%A1%B0%EA%B8%B0-%EB%A7%A4%EC%9A%B4%ED%83%95jogi-maewoontang/

murrieta angler
04-29-2010, 03:21 PM
You have some man made reefs up there that will hold them. Red Drum, Big Dum Vince, could tell you some spots. I always get them and release em in hoop nets on LA/LB Breakwall.

Spicy Maewoontang ???

Short Korean Lesson: *^^*
JoGi (조기) = Yellow Croaker
MaeWoon (매운) = Spicy

Main Ingredients:
3 Yellow Croaker Fish
2 Cups Korean Radish (10 oz)
½ Onion
2 Green Onions
1 Hot Pepper (Optional)
Broth Ingredients:
4 Cups Water
1 Dried Anchovy Pack (6 Dried Anchovies)
5 Pieces Kelp (1x 2 inch)

Seasoning Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Soup Soy Sauce
1½ Tbsp Hot Pepper Oil
1 Tbsp Red Pepper Powder
1 Tbsp Cooking Wine
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
¼ tsp Minced Ginger

Yield: 2-3 Servings

To make a broth, start with 4 cups of water, and then add 1 dried anchovy pack and 5 pieces of kelp. Boil it on medium-high for 5 minutes.

After rinsing 3 yellow croakers one time, cut the tail and fins with scissors.

5 minutes later, remove the kelp from the broth, and boil for 5 more minutes.

Meanwhile prepare vegetables. Peel off the radish skin and remove the bad parts. Cut it into 1 x 2 x ½ inch pieces.

Slice ½ of an onion into ½ inch pieces.

Cut 2 green onions into ½ inch pieces.

Cut 1 hot pepper into ½ inch pieces. The pepper is optional.

After the boiling is finished, remove the anchovy pack also.

Add all of the ingredients for the seasoning to the broth. 2 Tbsp of soup soy sauce, 1½ Tbsp of hot pepper oil, 1 Tbsp of red pepper powder, 1 Tbsp of cooking wine, 1 Tbsp of minced garlic, and ¼ tsp of minced. ginger

Then add the radish and cook for several minutes with lid on it until it starts to boil again.

Add the fish and onions.

Cover the lid and cook for about 10 minutes on high. In this step, if you like spicy food, add 1 Tbsp of red pepper powder. You can also adjust the saltiness if you want.

About 10 minutes later, add the chopped green onions and hot peppers in the soup. Cook 2 more minutes on high and then turn off the heat. Be careful because it is easy to get too much pepper added into the soup.
@,@ This makes me hungry. hehe ~~~

http://aeriskitchen.com/2010/03/korean-spicy-yellow-croaker-soup-%EC%A1%B0%EA%B8%B0-%EB%A7%A4%EC%9A%B4%ED%83%95jogi-maewoontang/

What time is dinner...hehe

smokehound
04-29-2010, 04:29 PM
You should be able to find some without a GPS.

Just get some squid and check for yourself. You wont get much help, because often, giant waves of people destroy a spot after it has been shared. Its like this: Person A tells Person B, then persons C and D find out, then you get the whole alphabet keeping undersized fish. Since these fish are more active at night, head out during the evening!

DockRat
04-30-2010, 06:27 AM
You wont get much help, because often, giant waves of people destroy a spot after it has been shared. Its like this: Person A tells Person B, then persons C and D find out, then you get the whole alphabet keeping undersized fish.

Is that simular to what going on at NPH ?

DR

mybada
05-04-2010, 12:38 PM
where are you launching from?

I'm launching off Redondo.

You should be able to find some without a GPS.

Just get some squid and check for yourself. You wont get much help, because often, giant waves of people destroy a spot after it has been shared. Its like this: Person A tells Person B, then persons C and D find out, then you get the whole alphabet keeping undersized fish. Since these fish are more active at night, head out during the evening!

How many giant waves can possibly come to destroy sculpins. I'm not talking about WSB, it's sculpin...
haha I'm just kidding.

Can anyone PM me the spot? Don't worry I will keep it secret.

Croaker Stroker
05-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Don't know the gps #s, but that spot in front of Redondo should be easy to find with a nautical map...I believe it is referred to as the "Short Banks". Good luck and enjoy your new boat!

TD

From my Fish-n-Map Co. map. (no secret) You can buy them at Sports Authority.

"Short Banks" "Santa Monica Canyon South"

BIG0FISH
05-07-2010, 06:54 PM
lol, Big Dum Vince?
forget the croaker, sculpins are much better for maewoontang

From my Fish-n-Map Co. map. (no secret) You can buy them at Sports Authority.

"Short Banks" "Santa Monica Canyon South"

THANK YOU!
see you mybada at the big bada.

BIG0FISH
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
those gps coordinates are somewhere in china. lol
or im clueless on how to find lon. lat. coordinates