PDA

View Full Version : Get The Turn Or Get The Burn

carpinator
04-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Went out to two local park lakes for some spring recon. Lots of small green sun fish schooling about 2-3 feet deep. The winter stain color is long gone and the water is becoming clearer and warmer. The shallower of the two lakes showed Bass herding the sun fish into the banks during the day with alot of visible nests with no bass guarding them. I couldn't match the hatch so i threw some SENKOS and WACKY worms,only landed one dink LMB. In the evening the Bass did start returning to the nesting areas, strange pattern I guess hunger over rode the instinct to stay and guard the nest. With all the commotion from the bass on the feed no carp were in the area.
The second of the two lakes is deeper and still a little cooler. I did see bass pairs flashing displays in the shallows but no nests are visible yet and the sun fish seem undisturbed for now. These bass are on the move and don't seemed interested in food yet. The carp are jumping and chasing each other in the shallows, I was able to get a few interested in eating, but it's difficult trying to stop fish to feed when they swim around and play all day, Damn!!, fish are immature this time of year. I lost a beast on 2lb that took be into the submerged tree branches . The lake is clear with no moss beds yet and these fish know where to go to break you off, you have got turn the fish and redirect him before you get burned!! I did learn my lesson and landed a smaller model
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/072.jpg

BrandonFish
04-28-2010, 04:46 PM
were they the only tree branches in the water...? lol its allways fun fighting those beasts on 2lb.

DockRat
04-28-2010, 05:49 PM
The lake is clear with no moss beds yet and these fish know where to go to break you off, you have got turn the fish and redirect him before you get burned!! I did learn my lesson and landed a smaller model

Nice Carp. Sounds like fishing WSB in kelp or Lingcod, YT.

Turn or Burn.

DR