PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run NPH 4-25-10

bowler
04-27-2010, 11:05 PM
My wife and I went to NPH with our two friends. They met us at our house around 9am the time that we should have gotten there but i set my alarm for the wrong time. Well we got to the island around 10am we were hungry so we got some food at a place on the island next to where you get the ferry. The food was good. We start fishing next to the ferry landing we got no hits so we moved over to where my wife got her first bass on a swim bait. We fished there for a little while got a few hits but no hook ups. So we moved to another spot. I was not getting anything on swim bait i go to a drop shot. On the second cast out i get a few hits but could not set the hook. Then i casted it out again i reeled it in a few turns then i get a solid hook up. It ran a few times but it came off. :Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad: We all get hits but no fish. We left a 3pm. On the way back we stoped to get some food on PCH at the Taco Bell we were there for about 30mins we came out and my wifes car got rear end and there was no note left on the car. So the i guess the guy did not care that he hit someone else car. :Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

Phanatic
04-28-2010, 02:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your wife's loss. Its happened to me before. See if Taco Bell has any cameras outside that were on surveillance that they can help you out with. Also, make sure your hooks are always sharpened and add bait attractant if you haven't already. It makes them more aggressive on the bites.

delmar
04-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Damn sorry for the car and your wife buddy, I hope you get some sort of evidence to catch these fools. You should try smelly jelly bait scent. They work great no joke, I'm not sure where you can order them or or local tackle store carries them, but i bought mine from bass pro last night for 9.99 and you get a pretty decent size jar full of smelly jelly, I believe in one of wingnuts thread he had some on his swim bait.

lalo56
04-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Sorry to hear that. How bad is the damage?

murrieta angler
04-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news about the car.
As far as the fishing goes, you'll get em next time!
Take It Easy,
Robert

Swank909
04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Sucks about the car, but I do love that Taco Bell haha. I think my cars been hit and run at least 4 times that i can tell. From just being parked outside my fiancees' house lol. Damn people in Glendale can't park! Well at least you didn't get skunked and rear ended right?

bowler
04-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Sorry to hear about your wife's loss. Its happened to me before. See if Taco Bell has any cameras outside that were on surveillance that they can help you out with. Also, make sure your hooks are always sharpened and add bait attractant if you haven't already. It makes them more aggressive on the bites.
No Taco Bell does not have any cameras outside it's store.:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

Natural Lefty
04-28-2010, 11:10 AM
That reminds me that about 10 years ago at Lake Gregory I had the opposite experience. While fishing, I left my creel and net about 100 feet away while I was fishing a spot where I found some Pumpkinsed Sunfish. I must have been fascinated by the fishing, because I did not notice as apparently someone made off with my creel and net. When I got back to the car, there was a very apologetic note on my car that the person who wrote the note had accidentally scratched my old Toyota Corolla. The person gave his phone number and address, which was in Riverside, and offered to pay for any repairs. Well, I could barely see any scratch, and I didn't think it was worth bothering with, especially given the theft of my fishing equipment! I contacted the local police in Crestline and reported the theft to them, and the policewoman said that was the second equipment theft they had reported there in the past few days. Unfortunately, they never found my equipment or the robbers. If only that apologetic note had been from the robber or robbers, and they offered to return my equipment! I didn't care about any dinky little scratch on my old car, but it sounds like your wife's car had significant damage.

bowler
04-28-2010, 12:23 PM
The bumper is pushed in and you can see the dent in the car from a distants. My wife was so pissed that it happen now she has to get it fix. It will have to went till we come back from Vegas this weekend we are there for sweeps in bowling to get it fixed and she only has Monday open since she started school

MIKE Q
04-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Sorry to hear about the job loss and vehicle damage bro.:Sad: When it rains, it pours! With the unemployment rate at about 14% here in So Cal, I feel blessed everyday to have the same great job for the last 15 years. Send me a PM Greg, I might have a couple of leads for you if you're interested.

boxl0bster
04-28-2010, 03:19 PM
that is BS man sorry to hear about the hit and run. its happened to me a few times and really pisses me off to hear of it happpening to others.

Jaysuuun
04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Man that sucks. Sorry to say, but there's really nothing you can do about it unless you or someone else actually saw the person who did it.

Same thing happened to me. Someone grazed my front bumper (probably trying to parallel park) while I was fishing in NPH once. Didn't notice it till the next morning though. :mad:

BrandonFish
04-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Damn people in Glendale can't park! Well at least you didn't get skunked and rear ended right? slap your self... your 1 of those people :ROFL:
bowler it just doesnt sound to good for you sorry to here about your car hopefully things will start going the right way for you instead of the wrong

BrandonFish
04-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Man that sucks. Sorry to say, but there's really nothing you can do about it unless you or someone else actually saw the person who did it.

Same thing happened to me. Didn't notice it till the next morning though. :mad:
stay away from those bars jayson =)

flyngby
04-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Sorry to here of your misfortune. Working at getting a parking spot on the Island is a chore in itself to fit into what available tight spots that are available. Now it is getting close to the tourist time of the summer and will only get worse.

Not only a problem on the island but on the Newport Bl. is is very hard to see in many intersections due to poor lighting and I have had some very near misses with peds in the cross walks or boarders and bikes coming out of no where!

The price we pay to get some quality time with family and friends!

Steve