PDA

View Full Version : Work went under so here is my severance pay

bowler
04-27-2010, 09:49 PM
I was told on the April 13 that my work will be closing it doors on the 23th of this month. :Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/downsize_1-1.jpg
So the on the last day of work the lets us go home early. I got home a went looking for some worm to use at Puddingstone. I got to Puddingstone around 3pm. I start fishing Sailboat cove the by docks. I could see the fish in the shallow. So i start fly lining my worm out and i got a few hits but could not set the hook. I finely got one in it was so small. Here is the picture of the small fish. http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/downsize-3.jpg Well after getting one more that size i moved over to the old boat rental place. I fished there for about 20mins with no hits so i went back to where i got my first to fish. I got a nice hit so i set the hook and reeled in a nice bluegill sorry for got to take a picture of it. And the guy came over and said nice fish. Then he asked me if i fish here a lot i told him no. Then he asked me did i met you at lake Perris few weeks back and told him yes the day we met Robert. We start taking about fishing stores. David start fishing the same area that i was the was getting a lot of redears and he asked me if i want some of the bigger one i told him sure my mother-in-law will like them. So i end up taking home 3 redear (David's) 1 trout (David's) and my 1 bluegill. Thank you David for the fish my mother-in-law loved your redear over my bluegill. Well since i have no job i can start fishing a little more. :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Marine_Michael
04-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear that, I've been out of work for a while myself and things don't seem to be getting better.

Natural Lefty
04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear that your workplace went out of business, Greg! I hope you find another job soon. At least you will have more time for fishing for awhile.

I know exactly who you mean and I am glad you ran into Dave there and caught some panfish. My wife and I have had the same reaction when comparing Redear Sunfish and Bluegills for flavor. The Redears actually taste sweeter, apparently from their clam diet, so we like their flavor better than Bluegills, although Bluegills are good too. Redears are one of the best tasting fish I have ever had in my opinion.

Fortunately for me, I work at a public community college, which don't go out of business. On the other hand, we have fewer classes than before. I will be teaching only one class in the summer, which is not unusual, but as it turns out, I am lucky to have even one. When I talked to the person who assigns the classes, she said I was the only part-time instructor in my department who even got a class to teach, and that was because I am their top part-timer who has been teaching there the longest. I guess I will have a good amount of time to fish this summer, at least.

Again, good luck with your job situation!

bowler
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Thank you guys. I am going to started looking at Dealerships by my house instead of all the way out in Pasadena area.

GeordyBass
04-28-2010, 02:39 PM
You a salesman?

Get a Job at a Ford or Toyota Dealership, Try looking for one in the san fernando valley... like Galpin or Sunrise... Even Rydells Chevy in the valley closed damn that sucks....

Skip Dodge, and Subsidiary dealerships to GM too....

bowler
04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
You a salesman?

Get a Job at a Ford or Toyota Dealership, Try looking for one in the san fernando valley... like Galpin or Sunrise... Even Rydells Chevy in the valley closed damn that sucks....

Skip Dodge, and Subsidiary dealerships to GM too....

No i am not a Salesman i worked in the parts department as a Driver/Shipping and Receiving.