PDA

View Full Version : Yellowfin & Dodos on the 9 mile bank

fishnfool
07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Starting to see some Yellowfin tuna and Dorado show up in some private boater reports...No big #'s just yet ......

but its a Great Sign for things to come in the next few weeks....

Get Ready

Ambassadorhawg
07-16-2007, 11:47 AM
What are your sources for private boaters reports???

sansou
07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
That's kinda weird.... (I assume you're talkin' about SD's 9 mi. bank, right?)

The water temps 40+ miles out and up to 70 miles out were a steady 65 degrees, plus or minus a degree saturday. The SSTs showed no break in temps for 20 miles... Kinda weird to me they would be around, but then again, I'm no freakin' expert or anything on this stuff, I'm just going by what little I've picked up over the years...

fishnfool
07-16-2007, 11:49 PM

The water temps 40+ miles out and up to 70 miles out were a steady 65 degrees, plus or minus a degree saturday. The SSTs showed no break in temps for 20 miles... Kinda weird to me they would be around, but then again, I'm no freakin' expert or anything on this stuff, I'm just going by what little I've picked up over the years...

thats the only 9 mile bank I know of......I don't know where you are getting your SST's but when we went by the 9 mile it was 67-68 Degrees on Sat.

yes they were caught over the weekend......seen them myself....3 dodos and a yft......

I just looked at tempbreak.com and today it looks like some cooler water got pushed in

fishnfool
07-16-2007, 11:56 PM
What are your sources for private boaters reports???

Other Private Boaters.....the dodos were caught under a paddy and the yft on the troll.....1 of the dodos was speared

I went down to SD over the weekend on a buddies boat to try for Albacore at the 182 -181 as it was wild there during the week last week......I knew the bite had died off but we went anyway.....

sansou
07-17-2007, 10:43 AM

thats the only 9 mile bank I know of......I don't know where you are getting your SST's but when we went by the 9 mile it was 67-68 Degrees on Sat.

yes they were caught over the weekend......seen them myself....3 dodos and a yft......

I just looked at tempbreak.com and today it looks like some cooler water got pushed in

I was in the office at H&M with 3 other 6 pack captains looking at what they were looking at!!! I was in their office trying to pay the "fuel surplus" charge with my credit card and the skipper of our boat was getting fishing info etc... Unless the SSTs don't get updated, it was friday night circa 10 p.m.

Well I guess it's a good thing maybe that they are showing up, cause I'm doubtful this flurry of albacore we are seeing is going to last long. Just a weekend warrior's guess.

fishnfool
07-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I was in the office at H&M with 3 other 6 pack captains looking at what they were looking at!!! I was in their office trying to pay the "fuel surplus" charge with my credit card and the skipper of our boat was getting fishing info etc... Unless the SSTs don't get updated, it was friday night circa 10 p.m.

Well I guess it's a good thing maybe that they are showing up, cause I'm doubtful this flurry of albacore we are seeing is going to last long. Just a weekend warrior's guess.

Its all good Sansou....

I too am just a Weekend Warrior and by no means am I an expert...... :lol:

I heard Tommy Rothery's report of a Massive school of Football size YFT heading this way..(on 976)..he said he drove over it for 4 hrs..long way out yet though.... :o

Good Luck on your trip if you haven't gone already.....