PDA

View Full Version : Crazy group & our own tournament

SierraPeaks
04-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Got a trip planned with 18 crazy buddies this coming May 14, 15, 16 at Lake Crowley. We are starting an annual tournament with a bunch of great friends and a lot of us haven't seen each other in up to 10 years. What a great way to get together once a year. I had a perpetual plaque made that will go to the winner and that person gets to proudly hang it in his home for a year until it's time to pass the award to the next year's winner. Can't wait for the innaugural in 2 weeks.

Here's the plaque up for grabs :

http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz290/SierraPeaks/?action=view&current=trophy.jpg

SierraPeaks
04-28-2010, 11:40 AM
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz290/SierraPeaks/trophy.jpg

IncredibleHuck
04-28-2010, 11:49 AM
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz290/SierraPeaks/trophy.jpg

My buddies and I used to have a trophy we passed around, but it has lost it's luster, as the rules kept on changing.... started to get really BS. For example as long as one other person went with your from our group, then it was ok if you caught a big fish then, but if you want up without some one in the group the fish didnt count. Also one guy started to weigh his fish not on the same digital scale as everyone else, but his own personal scale, which was a cheapy from walmart that we found to be a pound off.... made a 4 lb fish a 5 lb fish.....

SierraPeaks
04-28-2010, 11:58 AM
My buddies and I used to have a trophy we passed around, but it has lost it's luster, as the rules kept on changing.... started to get really BS. For example as long as one other person went with your from our group, then it was ok if you caught a big fish then, but if you want up without some one in the group the fish didnt count. Also one guy started to weigh his fish not on the same digital scale as everyone else, but his own personal scale, which was a cheapy from walmart that we found to be a pound off.... made a 4 lb fish a 5 lb fish.....

There's always someone that tries to suck the fun out of things eh ? I'm hoping we're all too old now for that kind of Mularkey and just have the fun with it that it's intended for.

IncredibleHuck
04-28-2010, 12:05 PM
There's always someone that tries to suck the fun out of things eh ? I'm hoping we're all too old now for that kind of Mularkey and just have the fun with it that it's intended for.

LOL the one who did it was the oldest one out of us all. He took it way to serious, and wanted it his way..... heck last year none of us even went up together, well he brought someone new from outside our group with him, and now he says that his fish should count! LOL I suggested we skip 2009....but that just isnt right to him.

SierraPeaks
04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
We only have two rules. All fish have to be weighed on the same scale, and you have to drink as much beer as humanly possible.

seal
04-28-2010, 02:05 PM
We only have two rules. All fish have to be weighed on the same scale, and you have to drink as much beer as humanly possible.

I'm in!

Huck I think you guys should have adopted that 2nd rule also....

SierraPeaks
04-28-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm in!

LOL...it's actually more important than rule #1

IncredibleHuck
04-28-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm in!

A few years back i'd be game....

As fas as the same scale goes, in 2008 I was paddling over to him to weigh it on the <i> OFFICIAL </I> scale and he weighed it on his and released it before I could see it or his son.