PDA

View Full Version : piru 4-24 & 4-25

bassmaster5529
04-26-2010, 01:32 PM
4-24
left the house at 6 and got to the lake at 7 only to find out that they were all out of boats. so we shore fished for 2 hrs. very first cast, boom. i hooked up. thats the very first time ive hooked up on my very first cast! about 1 hr later, boom, another one. this one was a nice 2.1 lber. got on the water at around 9 or so. at around 3 i got another one. this lmb was small. but 5 minutes later, i see my line go out, i set the hook....... and after a 15 second battle i got him in . this was a good fighter. probably cause he was 3 lbs. at the end of the day me -4 dad-0 :Big Grin:

4-25
got to the lake REALLY EARLY to make sure we got a boat this time. and we did. :Smile: on the water by 7 and headed off to our first fishing spot of the day. the water was glossy and there was fog covering all of the coves. it looked really cool. at 10 i hooked up for the first time, with a dinker. 2 minutes later another. but i lost him. he was 3 inches away from the boat when he spit the hook under water. he didnt even attemp to break the surface! thats when dad took advantage. he hooks up5 minutes later and he manages to get this guy into the boat. at the end of the day we finished 1-1 with 6 total for both days. it was a fun weekend. but one thing pissed me off! just as dad and i were leaving the lake i see 2 shore fishermen carrying a bucket of like 7 or 8 lmb. its frustrating to see people take bass that could have grown up to be lunkers. but o well, what can u do?! :???::Sad::LOL:

BuzzBait
04-26-2010, 01:45 PM
GJ out there! Thats a nice fish on that pic. Fish in that lake fight good. Even some of the dinks. They're fun to catch.

You can report those people that harvest the small bass. They actually give them tickets. The park rangers are on it in that lake.

bassmaster5529
04-26-2010, 02:31 PM
i will next time

mrjonez
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
great job out there. did a lot better than us.

Fire Ball
04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
It is definitely frustrating when you see people taking a lot of bass. Good job out there though.

E man
04-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Good job out there. I personally catch & release all lmb but if those guys caught the minimum size of 12" they're well within their rights. Plus they're allowed a limit of 5 each. Not much you can do if they're following the law. So long as they're not snagging them and taking the big girls. Don't get pissed off, enjoy your time with your dad. That's what it's all about. Btw, that's how it started for Aaron Marten's. His mom used to take out on rentals at Piru... :Smile:

bassmaster5529
04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Good job out there. I personally catch & release all lmb but if those guys caught the minimum size of 12" they're well within their rights. Plus they're allowed a limit of 5 each. Not much you can do if they're following the law. So long as they're not snagging them and taking the big girls. Don't get pissed off, enjoy your time with your dad. That's what it's all about. Btw, that's how it started for Aaron Marten's. His mom used to take out on rentals at Piru... :Smile:

aaron marten? whos that?

fishfinder1
04-26-2010, 09:09 PM
he is a professional bass fisherman

bassmaster5529
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
o cool ya i looked him up

E man
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
He used to live in Woodland Hills but has since moved to Alabama for his career. Started as a backseater in local tourney's til he won his own bass boat. He hasn't looked back since.

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?ID=2124

bassmaster5529
04-26-2010, 09:32 PM
thats pretty awesome!

bassmaster5529
04-27-2010, 04:05 PM

but these fish were like babies. BABY KILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Ball
04-28-2010, 09:46 AM
but these fish were like babies. BABY KILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather have them take smaller bass than big bass, wouldn't you?

Marine_Michael
04-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd rather have them take smaller bass than big bass, wouldn't you?

From the sounds of it these guys were poaching undersized fish. That's not ok.

I'm going to take a guess that your reasoning for that statement is because the larger bass are spawning and the jeuvenile ones are not yet. What if one of those undersized fish had the genetics to become the next world record? It's great that you want the fish to be able to spawn and you're passionate about maintaining a healthy fishery.