PDA

View Full Version : Yellows yellows everyone got some yellows

DavidE
04-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Left Friday night out of Seaforth on the Orion. The plan was to go south and see if there was any squid around. Woke up to find a few pieces swimming under the lights but not enough to make it worth our time. So we moved north stopping on rocks in search of yummy taco meat. We made half a dozen stops and got everyone a few rockfish. Some nice reds were mixed in with coppers, staries, etc.

After looking on the bottom we started looking to the sky for birds. We fished the rest of the day on birds and sonar marks. "Run and gun" pretty much describes 3/4 of the day. We would slide up on a school quickly hook 4-5 and generally land 2-3. I don't know what the final count was but...

Me - 4 rockfish, 1 yellow
My buddy - 4 Yellows, 5 rockfish, 1 (4-5#) spanish mackeral

All the yellows were in the 20#-30# range.

Definitely another great time on the water!!

murrieta angler
04-26-2010, 11:11 AM
I read the reports from this weekend and saw over 700 YT's caught this past 3 days.
Thanks for the report,
Robert

JapanRon
04-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi DavidE,

Good news. Lots of guys will be happy to see that !!

JapanRon

DavidE
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Robert-
There were lots of them picked this weekend thats for sure!! Good times if you're out there!!!

Ron -
You would like it too. There were a few taken on BH swim baits and Berkley Storm swim baits as well. Most were taken on the Yo-Yo. there were a few on reverse dropper loop but the majority were on artificials.

Fishbones
04-26-2010, 11:49 PM
thanks for the report. glad you got to hook up into one....nice

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Nice job, love ta see some pics...

Thanks for the report..

congrats on getting into the mix o thang's !
Gary

synthesis808
04-30-2010, 04:57 PM
great job. great report.

was scrambled egg the color of choice?

pineapple express
04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
VETTY NICE...!!! sounds like fun no doubt. dang...bout time we see a report from you brah !!! nah nah only joke.
mahaloz fo sharing.
sold 3 of my daiawa sealines(30,40,&50) to purchase my avet mxj tackle ho n again...lol
dude... so jonesing to go ><>, can't wait. oh....bobby said don't wait too long to get your order in
if your going to pull the trigger. said should be ready in time for aug trip.
peace

DavidE
05-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Synthesis - Actually all colors were good. My buddy smacked 4 yellows with a blue and chrome Tady right of the bottom. Lots of fish were taken 40-60ft.

Pineapple - What up Doh!!!!??? So are you in in for the August trip?? I hope so man. I'll be by to see Bobby this weekend. 90J same color scheme Baby!!