PDA

View Full Version : 4-17 Amazing Fising At Corona 4

troutman1
04-22-2010, 11:49 PM
So me and my girlfriend got to the lake at 10:30pm friday night expecting a ton of people to be there waiting. Turns out there were only about 7 cars in front of us which was fine cause we just walked around hung out and talk to some fellow anglers. We crashed out around 3 anticipating gettin on the water, the gates opened we got our rental boat loaded it up and were on the water at 6:23 real good. We row out only about 30-40 feet from the boat dock and decided just to try it there. We drop three poles one with garlic powerbait, one with charteuse, and the 3rd had half an inflated nightcrawler. On a forth pole we took turns throwin a gold Kastmaster, i went first and bout 15-20 casts out blam I get hit bring it in and its a 2 pounder we throw it in the basket and keep goin, once the sun got over the hills i noticed swimmin around our basket some bait fish, and naturally was psyched. Bout 15 mins after the first i get another hit bring that one in its a 2 1/2 pounder drop that one in the basket. We hadn't got anythin on the carolina rigged poles so we changed to a good old 3-4 foot leader under a bobber with a worm on the hook and threw those off the back. We got back to fishing the Kastmaster 5 casts out I nail a 3 pounder, we no more get that fish in the basket my girlfriends pole with worm on it takes a dip we bring it in another nice 2 pounder. I re-bait that line throw it back out and i take a break while my girlfriend tosses the lure. Bout half hour goes by with one bite then bang my pole takes a dip i start bringin it in and bout 20 feet from the boat i lose what looked like another 3 pounder so I curse yaddy yaddy. I re-bait that one get it back out and my girlfriend wants to take a break so im up for the lure fifteen mins go by my pole goes off again I bring it in bout 6 feet from the boat it took the first jump and shook the hook AGAIN! Second fish of the day so i curse again lol. We decide to move toward the dam around 1145 or so. We get to our new spot through out two bobber poles out and let em sit and put a silver Kastmaster on the other pole and we start fishin again. Bout twenty mins in i missed two bites and nature called. We row in do our business and went back out to our spot we were at before. got there bobbers back out throwin the Kastmasters out bang my girlfrined gets a monster bite this fish tore off easy 30-40 feet of line my girlfriend got it in after bout a 5 min fight and she took the big fish of the day right there we got it in weighed it and it was 4.1 pounds. At this point its around 143 we ate lunch and in the middle of lunch one of the poles with the bobber on it starts dippin i jump up and bring in a 1 pounder, in the process dropped my chicken, so im sure big cat prolly picked that up. Anyway i re-b ait the bobber line we finish up our lunch and start throwin the kastmasters again 45 mins go bye with no bites we bring in the bobber poles and throw on live worms we get em back out and 5 mins later get another bite my girlfriend brought it in and its another small 1 pounder. For the last hour and 15 mins we continue our fishin stragedy i missed about 3 bites and my girlfrined missed a big one cause she damn near lost her pole over the side. We rowed in 5 kins early to beat the rush overall amazing day of relaxing with my girlfriend nice day bout 73-80 degrees lil wind but wasnt terrible, water wasnt to clear but fishing was still very hot, my girl and i ended up with 7 fish totaling about 15 1/2 pounds. Thanks for reading guys good luck on your next trip.

Trout 1
04-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Sounds like a great day out there with the GF man!!! I couldnt help but to noticed how close our usernames are!!!!!!LOL

T1

troutman1
04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
lol seriously there is another user on here some were his is troutman65 lol

Trout 1
04-23-2010, 12:40 PM
hahaha yeah he seems like a pretty cool dude!

T1

troutman1
04-23-2010, 03:06 PM
ya definately hye you ever target Catfish?

Trout 1
04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Nah im not into cats..... if u ever need tips on trout PM me.

T1

RiversideTrout77
04-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Great report, sounds like you guys caught some quality size fish. Are you guys planning on going tomorrow for the browns and some huge tailwalkers.

troutman1
04-24-2010, 12:27 AM
Great report, sounds like you guys caught some quality size fish. Are you guys planning on going tomorrow for the browns and some huge tailwalkers.

unfortunately no but i would really love too but if you are good luck and catch a good one for me lol