PDA

View Full Version : 04-22-10 Unbelievable Day on DVL

FrazeIb1
04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Got to the lake today at 0700 AM and I was the only boater in the parking lot :Confused: There were (3) other cars (4) total if you count mine :Surprised:

I talked to the staff at the lake and they said the weather was brutal yesterday (04-21-10) and there were only 20+ boats. The only boat on the water besides mine today was a pontoon rental.

I got to my first spot and weather conditions were perfect. Cloudy skies and a little wind. I tossed my BBZ Spro 6" Trout and.........nothing :Sad: Couldn't believe that I wasn't getting crushed by the bass. I went to another spot and......nothing :Sad: I was thinking that there was a reason why I was the only boater in the parking lot this morning.

Being the diehard fisherman I am , :Idea: I decided to try another known hot spot before I gave up. I switched lures and :Envious: bam, fish on and in the boat. I caught probably 20 LMB in one long stretch:Big Grin: I couldn't believe how many back to back LMB I was catching :Secret: I thought for a minute that I was KVD :UDaMan: I've fished DVL since the lake opened and today was one of my best top water outings on DVL. There were a couple of wolf packs and the bass were really aggressive. I had bass literally knocking my lure out of the water and smashing it when it returned :Bug Eyes: I even caught a few C-rig fished on my way back in to the ramp. Man what a great day of fishing at DVL :Cool: If every day was like today, fishing would have a new name....it would be called CATCHING instead of fishing. Until next time ......Tight Lines.....

bassmaster5529
04-22-2010, 04:42 PM
whenever im at DVL the parking lot is always full with boaters its crazy good job out there man!

Fishbones
04-22-2010, 04:54 PM
congrats on the best day there so far....nice job....sounds like an amazing day on the water..

ART HILL
04-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Awesome day for sure. You knew the conditions were perfect for a good day. My trip was unfortunately canceled, because of the weather.

beethao
04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
great job man, but what lure was the bass hitting on?

phantom 34
04-22-2010, 06:37 PM
once again great job out there catching them JEWELS.and great report keep em coming fraze

Hog Caller
04-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Great job.
You dream of days like that. Your own private lake full of willing bass!

Brent

kgselect
04-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Nice report. It hard to beat a top water bite. Nothing more exciting than a top water explosion. Bites seem to happen when conditions are less than ideal. You just need to tough it out. Way to go out there.

FrazeIb1
05-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Some days are definitely better than others, but this day was exceptional.

MAVERICK27
05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Nice day out there!! I'd be willing to bet the lack of boat/fishermen pressure was a welcome sight to you and the fish :) Keep up the good work!

FrazeIb1
05-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking of going out there again today......got a tournament Saturday and need to get a practice round in anyway.....