PDA

View Full Version : New Lobster Reg Info

Saba Slayer
04-22-2010, 07:33 AM
The new hoop net regs should be presented to the DFG commission at the May meeting.
This is my interpetation of the new regs as I've seen them, before they are introduced to the commission on the 6th in Stockton.
The DFG has stressed to me that this is an enforcement issue not a science issue.

Things will be pretty much as they are, with both Conical (type B) and Traditional Flat (type A) style nets allowed and described.
The max diameter will be 36" on both types. Conical nets can have a min. top opening of 15" and a max height of 10" .
At this time there is no mention of the max. depth allowed for the traditional type nets. Conical nets can be 30" deep.
No more than 5 or 10 nets will be allowed per boat...no spare or extra nets allowed.
You can soak your nets for up to 2 hours unattended, after that they "may be considered abandoned and may be seized by any person authorized to enforce these regulations."
Jim / Saba Slayer

murrieta angler
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
The new hoop net regs should be presented to the DFG commission at the May meeting.
This is my interpetation of the new regs as I've seen them, before they are introduced to the commission on the 6th in Stockton.
The DFG has stressed to me that this is an enforcement issue not a science issue.

Things will be pretty much as they are, with both Conical (type B) and Traditional Flat (type A) style nets allowed and described.
The max diameter will be 36" on both types. Conical nets can have a min. top opening of 15" and a max height of 10" .
At this time there is no mention of the max. depth allowed for the traditional type nets. Conical nets can be 30" deep.
No more than 5 or 10 nets will be allowed per boat...no spare or extra nets allowed.
You can soak your nets for up to 2 hours unattended, after that they "may be considered abandoned and may be seized by any person authorized to enforce these regulations."
Jim / Saba Slayer

Free lobster this year on somebody elses dime!?!
That aint right!!