PDA

View Full Version : Late Report - Pyramid Lake Fishing 04-18-2010

MIKE Q
04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
I decided to fish Pyramid Lake with my buddy off his boat for the first time ever to get a change of scenery from The Lagoon. I got up around 5am and headed up to Pyramid from Pasadena, not knowing how high the elevation was. I got up there and didn't know it was that cold. Damn, I shouldn't have worn shorts!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee304/marilpn_2007/Freezingsmilie.gif

While waiting in line for the gates to open, I was asked by this guy if the LMB fishing had been any good lately. Being a newbie to FNN and not knowing who all the big time players are yet, I didn't know who this guy was until I saw his post later that night. (TroutOnly [striper legend] I'm sorry I didn't get to talk with you longer and pick your brain on the striper slay. It was just too dang cold out there).

I fished from 7am to 1pm and finished the day with 2 LMB's and 1 Smallie, ranging from 2 lbs to 4 lbs. Not bad for my first time on that lake. I caught all the fish on a split shot rig using a Roboworm (Junebug Chartreuse) 4 inch straight tail.

Sorry about the late post, been busy at the office. I hope you guys enjoy the photo and post. Good luck out there and tight lines. C & R!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/CarlosMySpace/MikeQ04-18-10Pyramid.jpg

Fishbones
04-21-2010, 01:50 PM
good job on the MID for your first time ...keep it up!!

YELLAGIRL
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Very nice!!!

MIKE Q
04-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the props guys. I really appreciate it and have a good day. :Big Grin:

steelhead
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Nice work, did you keep them? How do you cook them?

MIKE Q
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
No never, I'm all about catch and release when it comes to LMB or Smallies. I have no problem with people keeping their bass, but I never do.

CL SmooV
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Nice Fish MIke Q!!!!!

Where you headed next?

Piru this saturday will be my next destination.

phantom 34
04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
great job out there at the mid.i only fish that place from shore and do pretty well,i love that lake.great report keep em coming.

BIGRED KILLA
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Nice job on the bass.

Bigred

Bass Attack
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Sup Mike! Way to hit Pyramid on your first try. Like I was telling you the other day, we hit up Pyramid last time we went camping up there, but skunked. Some dudes caught a nice cat.

I hit up the SECRET FISHING HOLE this weekend and skunked. I'll talk to you soon. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/CarlosMySpace/SecretFishingHole.jpg

Fire Ball
04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
I really want one of those smallies! Any pictures that you can see the smallie better? How was the fight compared to a largemouth? I need to hit Pyramid soon. See you at the Lagoon soon!

bowler
04-21-2010, 04:56 PM
cool report.

MIKE Q
04-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Nice Fish MIke Q!!!!!

Where you headed next?

Piru this saturday will be my next destination. What up SmooV? I want to really check out DVL soon for the first time. Good luck out at Piru bro. Let me know how you do.

great job out there at the mid.i only fish that place from shore and do pretty well,i love that lake.great report keep em coming.Thanks Phantom, I love that lake too buddy. I really like the scenery. My buddy said you can sometimes see deer in the early mornings drinking from the lake.

Nice job on the bass. Thanks BIGRED.

Bigred

Sup Mike! Way to hit Pyramid on your first try. Like I was telling you the other day, we hit up Pyramid last time we went camping up there, but skunked. Some dudes caught a nice cat.

I hit up the SECRET FISHING HOLE this weekend and skunked. I'll talk to you soon. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/CarlosMySpace/SecretFishingHole.jpgLOL. You're crazy Carlito's. I can't believe you are actually giving up pics on you're secret spot. Nice shoes and does that bobber really help you catch more fish homies?

I really want one of those smallies! Any pictures that you can see the smallie better? How was the fight compared to a largemouth? I need to hit Pyramid soon. See you at the Lagoon soon! Hey Fire Ball, no I only took one photo I was in a hurry to release them back into the lake. I'll take more next time for sure. I hear the smallies pound for pound are a stronger fish, but I couldn't really tell I was just so excited to reel fish in for the day. See you soon buddy.

cool report. Thanks Bowler, I'll hit you up for the secret bait soon. ;-)

bowler
04-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks Bowler, I'll hit you up for the secret bait soon. ;-)

ok let me know when you need it.

marzocchi
04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Nice fishs Mike. I gotta scratch me off a smallie for the year.

MIKE Q
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
What up Marzocchi? :Smile:Let me know when you want to go up there and get some smallies. I found a couple of spots that might produce. PM one day with your secrets on all those HUGE striper you catch bro.:Envious:

Hitts0n
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Good stuff man ! Get after them stripers also !

MIKE Q
04-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Good stuff man ! Get after them stripers also ! Thank Hitts. Gotta love that avatar! Lets go Lakers, CHI, CHI, CHI, CHI lets go Lakers! 2 PEAT.:Big Grin:

TroutOnly
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
IM GLAD YOU GOT ACTION ME AND MY CLIENTS GOT QUITE A BIT OF IT, I LOVE GETTING AHOLD OF THE SMALLIES THEY REALLY FIGHT AND THERE ARE SOME BIG LMB IN THERE MY BEST IS A 13 AND A HALF LBER,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

MIKE Q
04-21-2010, 09:02 PM
IM GLAD YOU GOT ACTION ME AND MY CLIENTS GOT QUITE A BIT OF IT, I LOVE GETTING AHOLD OF THE SMALLIES THEY REALLY FIGHT AND THERE ARE SOME BIG LMB IN THERE MY BEST IS A 13 AND A HALF LBER,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,I saw you at the docks around 2pm Sunday with your clients taking photos. Yeah, I really like that lake a lot. I 'll definitely be back there soon. 13 and 1/2 lbs WOW!:EyePop: See you next time buddy.